Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,068 Views 6 Replies Last post: Dec 26, 2012 5:14 PM by SAMEN28
RSS
SAMEN28 4 posts since
Dec 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 25, 2012 3:39 PM

Wii U Console Wont Eject Discs?

Hello,

I recieved a Wii U for Christmas this morning. The console runs fine: it connected to our WiFi, did a system update and I was able to go through the entire set up process fine.

After playing NintendoLand with my brother, we tried to play some Super Mario Bros. U. However, we could not get the NintendoLand disc to eject from the console. The white disc light is on, and the eject button clicks when pressed as expected, but the console registers no response. We've tried reseting the console, ejecting with power on, ejecting with power off, holding the eject button down during startup and even (at the advice of a member of a different forum) rapidly pressing the eject button while in the main menu.

After looking through the manual and on Nintendo's website, there appears to be no documentation on how to trouble-shoot the eject button, or a manual over-ride for the disc drive. To top it off, the customer support hotline is not available Christmas day.

Can anyone help me out? Do we need to send the unit in for repairs or is there something that we are overlooking?

Thanks!

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Dec 25, 2012 3:42 PM in response to: SAMEN28
Re: Wii U Console Wont Eject Discs?

You may want to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 after Christmas.

EDIT: Cool, I'm another spot higher on the Top Participants list.

Message was edited by: MARIOGOLFER777

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 2:26 PM in response to: SAMEN28

SAMEN28  wrote:

Yes, I know. I've tried a couple times already today, but their customer support lines seem quite slammed. :[

It may be because so many people got a new Nintendo system for Christmas, and have trouble with it.

SAMEN28  wrote:

I'll keep trying, though, but any more substantive advice would still be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, but I can't really give you more advice. We aren't allowed to suggest do it yourself fixes (as in opening your console).

ONE-OF-THREE 6,024 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Dec 26, 2012 2:27 PM in response to: SAMEN28

SAMEN28  wrote:

Yes, I know. I've tried a couple times already today, but their customer support lines seem quite slammed. :[

I'll keep trying, though, but any more substantive advice would still be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, but other than calling there really isn't anything else that can be done, as there is no way to manually eject the game discs, so that does mean a repair will likely be necessary.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)