Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
27,531 Views 13 Replies Last post: Apr 28, 2013 5:18 AM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
ROBXZERT 5 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2012 10:03 AM

Preinstalled Mario Kart 7 Gone

Hi, my son got the DS 3ds XL yesterday for Christmas, it was a great gift with preinstalled Mario Kart 7.

Well, he is only 6yrs old, and we dont know what he did, but the game Mario Kart 7 is gone now!

I cant find it on the DS system anywhere, what happened? How do I get this game back on the system.

***Edited to remove personal information.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_JOE

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 7:37 AM in response to: ROBXZERT
Re: Preinstalled Mario Kart 7 Gone

Your son most likely played around with the data management settings. To get MK back, try going to the Nintendo eShop. Tap Settings/Other, and go to Your Downloads. If my understanding of Nintendo's online applies to this situation, MK should be in the Your Downloads list. If it isn't, then I'm sorry, that's all I got.

OBFAM 1 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 3:58 PM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

Hey. I just wanted to log in and say thanks for this info. We bought both our kids new 3DS XL's with the Mario Kart 7 installed - they both managed to delete it. This was quick fix and I really appreciated it!!!!

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 4:06 PM in response to: OBFAM

Now make sure they don't do it again!

SNESNESCUBE64 1,139 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 7:45 AM in response to: ROBXZERT

This what you do to get it, go to the eshop app, after it starts up go to eshop settings, open that and the go to your downloads. The game will be there so you can redownload it.

MAMAHAWK34 2 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 7:50 AM in response to: ROBXZERT

This same thing happened to us yesterday he had the ds for 10 minutes and the game was gone!  I tried going to the e store but keep getting an error message.  If you are successful at getting the game back please let me know so I can keep trying!

SNESNESCUBE64 1,139 posts since
Aug 4, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 8:05 AM in response to: ROBXZERT

For some reason i dont think it comes installed on the console. You should be able to get it back if you follow the instructions i posted above. You just have to redownload it.

MAMAHAWK34 2 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 12:42 PM in response to: ROBXZERT

I was able to get it back!  It says its $39.00 but when you select it, it shows as already downloaded.  It also wouldn't bring it up when I search for the title, I had to go to the "Mario" section.  Also the reason I kept getting the error message was because I hadn't agreed to the terms of service in the "settings".  Good luck!

TIVOJEANNE 1 posts since
Apr 28, 2013
Apr 28, 2013 5:10 AM in response to: ROBXZERT

I am considering the Animal Crossing 3DS. This is good to know that it can be re-downloaded.  My question though is, if something happens to the 3DS itself, can the SD card be put into another 3DS and be played on it?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,713 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Apr 28, 2013 5:18 AM in response to: TIVOJEANNE

No. Content that is stored on the SD Card is locked to the system that it was originally downloaded to. It can only be played on another Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system by performing a Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS System Transfer, in which case, that content will no longer be useable on the old Nintendo 3DS system.

Also, as a bit of advice, you should try creating your own thread instead of digging up an older thread.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)