Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
22,468 Views 16 Replies Last post: Mar 11, 2013 2:30 PM by ZELDAMQGC2
RSS
PICKLEBOTTLE 6 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 26, 2012 8:36 AM

Wii U won't connect to internet (tried the manual configuration)

I can't connect my Wii U to the internet, there was one thing on  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOjH203YZY where it said to put the mac address under "DHCP static lease", but i can't find that on the xfinity website (10.0.0.1), can anyone help?

ZELDAMQGC2 127 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Dec 26, 2012 8:45 AM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE
Re: Wii U won't connect to internet (tried the manual configuration)

I had this problem when i got my Wii U as well. So let me say this when you manually configure your internet if your ip address is 192.168.0.10 add 10 in front of the 1 so it will show up as 110 instead. If it is 192.168.0.20 you would add 2 in front of 20 to get it as 220 in your ip address.

Also a Wii U error code would help us to better understand your problem too.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 26, 2012 9:23 AM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE

if you don't have a poxy server then leave that as do not set. As for your ip address on your computer go to run on your windows 7 or if like me you have windows 8 Pro go to start then right click any spot not taken up by a tile and you will see an all apps button then in that go all the way as far to the right as you can see and you will see where it says Windows System and just below that you will get the command prompt which you will need to use to get your ip address and your dns server info as well as your default gateway and subnet mask info.

in summary form do this:

look for command propmt or on run type cmd and enter.

In Command Prompt type in ipconfig/all

you will need the ipv4 address and that will be just before your subnet mask. On this one is where you'd add the + 10 to the end of that ipv4 address.

then your subnet mask should be either 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.255.255 so add the one shown excatly as it is shown.

your default gateway info should be after that you should add your default gateway as it is shown.

for your DNS info you only need the first and secondary dns server numbers as they are shown in the command prompt.

Also do not auto obtain your ip address or dns server info. Because auto obtaining your info fails every time with the Wii U when you first get it.

Oh and don't mess with the MTU because that at 1500 is just fine.

If you get confused on a part just come back and we will try to help you even more.

Message was edited by: ZELDAMQGC2

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 26, 2012 9:41 AM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE

ok add all of that back in save it and then tell me the error that you get after that. The error code would help everyone to better understand the problem. the error codes i was getting before i finally fixed it were 103-2001 and 103-2002 these are related to your IP Address as well and Nintendo never told me as such in their help topics. I had to figure it out myself. so if your ip address is 192.168.0.10 do what i did and add it as 192.168.0.110. You would have the 0 as the very last number of your ip address.

Leave your DNS Server info as you have it and your subnet mask and default gateway as listed by your computer. It took me a few tries to fix it as well.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 26, 2012 9:45 AM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE

Well see your info that you most likely have saved is correct and the ip address is what would connect you to the internet so what is your ip address? so add + 10 to your ip address. If that 10 don't work add 10 more to it. If not who is your isp?

SORREN83 9 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 12:43 PM in response to: ZELDAMQGC2

After two days of playing with this, I saw your post about making the last digit in the ip address a 0. I had 192.168.0.11 (+10 from my ip address) I went in and changed it to 192.168.0.110 and it connected first time. However, now I get an error code 105-4040 when looking for an update..

SORREN83 9 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 3:19 PM in response to: SORREN83

Well that didn't last long.. I can now no longer connect to the internet again... This system is the worst thing I have ever dealt with..

DOTTRY23 1 posts since
Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 8:04 PM in response to: ZELDAMQGC2

I was so relieved to find all of the post here. We have been scratching our heads and not knowing what to do. We found the manual fixes and could not figure out why it wasn't working. It was the ip address. Changed ip address 192.168.0.12 to 192.168.0.120 and it connected and downloading update now. THANK YOU so much.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 30, 2012 5:35 PM in response to: DOTTRY23

No problem i figured that someone might have my same problem in the future so i figured that i would post the solution that fixed my problem just incase someone else had the same problem i did at one time or another.

DIGITALEEL 4 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 9:07 AM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE

Ive got a similar issue. I keep getting the error code 103-1003. Ive tried changing my security settings to WEP. any suggestions??

SORREN83 9 posts since
Dec 26, 2012
Dec 26, 2012 9:20 PM in response to: PICKLEBOTTLE

Ok so I found a solution for myself. I use the Motorola Surfboard SG6580 and have had a slew of issues. I've been working for two days trying to get my Wii U online.. After trying all of the manual configs that are listed all over these forums failed to work I almost gave up. After messing with all kinds of settings in my Gateway, I caused problems for my Xbox 360 being able to connect on the network. I discovered that I now have the same issues with the Xbox as my WiiU... /faceslamonthedesk...

So I went surfing the web trying to find a work around for the Xbox. A user had posted that for some reason the Xbox 360 had issues accepting a WPA(WPA2) passphrase bigger than 15 digits. Stupid since that protocol is supposed to support even longer passphrases than this. Anyhow. I restored my Gateway to its Factory Defauts via the Web Interface (Basic->Security-> Click to restore factory defaults--->Apply)  Then I went into the wireless section and changed the default passphrase to something of about 8-10 characters. Xbox connected straight to the Internet. 

After contimplating the issue and the work around for the Xbox I thought maybe the same could be applied to the Wii U. I went to my connections on the Gamepad, entered the new passphrase for the network and viola!  Connected straight to the Internet. Downloaded the massive update in about 30 minutes and I am now playing around on the MiiVerse. 

Hope this helps anyone that had the same problems and myself.

Jun 11, 2010
Dec 30, 2012 5:32 PM in response to: SORREN83

Glad that you got your problem solved. I tried everything before i was able to fix my problem with the internet. I did not know about the passphrase problem otherwise i would have suggested it. I am still glad you got yours fixed too tho.

PERDIDOSO 1 posts since
Mar 10, 2013
Mar 10, 2013 10:58 PM in response to: ZELDAMQGC2

I know this is late to the "game" but I also have the Motorola surfboard and these steps followed exacty worked for me as well. Thanks a TON!

Jun 11, 2010
Mar 11, 2013 2:30 PM in response to: PERDIDOSO

No Problem, I know how it felt to be stuck on the internet problem. I was stuck 2 days after i got my Wii U trying to figure it out and i was temped at one time to call Nintendo over it, but i got it in the end have not had an issue with it since.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)