Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,352 Views 4 Replies Last post: Dec 30, 2012 5:56 PM by TORREYBL
RSS
MMARIO1013 1 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2012 6:40 PM

How to transfer Nintendo Network ID?

I bought the Wii U on the release date and hooked it up to my old standard definition TV, but wasnt satisfied with the TV picture quality when playing, so for Christmas, I got a HD TV.  When I attempt to hook up the Wii U to my new HD TV, the TV can't find a signal.  I've tried my brother's Wii U on my new TV and it works perfectly, and I've tried my Wii U on his TV and it doesn't work at all, so I know it's the Wii U.  I still have my reciept and plan to return it to the store soon, but I'm wondering how do I transfer my Nintendo Network ID over to my new Wii U when I get it.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,714 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Dec 28, 2012 6:48 PM in response to: MMARIO1013
Re: How to transfer Nintendo Network ID?

Unfortunately, but there is no way for you to transfer your Nintendo Network ID onto another Wii U console, only a Nintendo repair technician can do so, so that does mean that you really should call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number to either have them repair or replace your console, sorry.

MARIO 3,192 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Dec 28, 2012 6:49 PM in response to: MMARIO1013

I'd definitely still try to test on the old TV if possible, if it still outputs video to that TV then there may be a video option you can set in the system settings.

BIKER_BOB 61 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 9:30 PM in response to: MMARIO1013

Which is sad.You probably have the output signal in analog, still and connected the Wii U via HDMI. You have to get into the system settings with the gamepad and change the TV connection to HDMI output. It won't do that automatically. So: System Settings -> TV settings -> TV cable type: HDMI. That should solve your problem.

You cannot transfer NNID unless you get it repaired by Nintendo. Nintendo still thinks that self-protection beats consumer trust and advantages. Which is beyond sad.

TORREYBL 1 posts since
Dec 30, 2012
Dec 30, 2012 5:56 PM in response to: MMARIO1013

So I just went through this process after exchanging my 2 day old Wii U and here is what happened.  When I called initially the agent I spoke with said the terms and conditions didn't allow for transferring purchased games but he would see what he could do.  Then we were on the phone with him for about 20 minutes.  He was polite and friendly and took down all the necessary info.  He then gave me an address to send the master receipt from the exchange to in redmond along with some other stipulations.  Once they received the receipt they would be in contact with me about crediting the new account.  Once we wrapped up I thanked him, explained he did fine by me and I asked to speak with his manager.  When the manager came on (which was very quickly as was the original pickup) he already knew the situation and had a hunch as to why I was wanting to speak with him.  I remained very calm and pleasant and he came up with a quicker solution.  I still have to send in my receipt however he credited my new Wii U the balance of the one game I had so I could download right away.  He stated that if they didn't get the receipt in 14 days they would yank the game from my console (creepy).  Needless to say I will never be ordering another thing off of the shop and will be dealing in disks only.  Hope this helps.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)