Skip navigation
21,615 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jul 13, 2010 3:47 PM by EARTHBOUND33
RSS
SNOBIRD 1 posts since
May 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 7, 2010 6:50 AM

Legend of Zelda  How To Save?

I downloaded The Legend of Zelda from the Virtual Console.  Can anybody tell me how to save the game?  I know that when link "dies" a save oppt. is available, but I don't want to kill the dude just to save!!!

26 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
May 7, 2010 9:16 AM in response to: SNOBIRD
Re: Legend of Zelda  How To Save?

If I remember, it might be hitting start to pause and then select (plus, then minus on a wiimote). I could be worng, though, but try that.

NGAMER01 308 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 7, 2010 10:26 AM in response to: DOMINATOR_101

For the VC version of the original Legend of Zelda game, you have three ways to record your progress:

1) Open the Sub-screen (where you can select items for use in the field).  Then press Up and the - Button to bring up the Save Menu.

2) Die.

3) Use the Virtual Console's Interrupt Save feature.  Pause the game, open the Home Menu, and return to the Wii menu.  Later when you resume the game, you'll restart with the Home Menu active with the game paused in the background.

Close the Home Menu and unpause the game and you'll continue on from where you paused at.  WARNING - Resuming an interrupted save will automatically delete it!

Your in-game saves will remain intact when the interrupt save system is used.  The interrupt save is stored separately from your in-game saves when the interrupt save is created.

26 posts since
Apr 3, 2010
Jun 8, 2010 5:27 PM in response to: SNOBIRD

There are THREE Options here...

1) Utilize the "Interrupt Save" Option -- This is only TEMPORARY as the interrupt save will be erased upon continuing.  Just hit Home on the Wiimote & select "Wii Menu" to create the interrupt save.

2) Kill Link -- I know it's not a popular option, but it's built into the game that way.

3) Utilize the "Quick Kill" trick -- This is a lesser known option, but it's in the game.  You'll need a second controller (Gamecube in Port 2 or another Wiimote) to use this.

On the second controller, hit Up & A at the same time.  This will bring up the "Game Over" options (hence the "Quick Kill") so you can save without having to waste time dying.

Hope this helps!

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Jul 13, 2010 3:47 PM in response to: SNOBIRD

if i remember correctly, you can plug in a second controller and save somehow that way. it worked for the original on the NES. i dont know if it works for the virtual console though...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)