Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,115 Views 8 Replies Last post: Jan 2, 2013 10:47 AM by EARTHBOUND33
RSS
ANNOPOL95 3 posts since
Jan 1, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 1, 2013 6:26 PM

DS Lite will not turn on

Hi

Couple months ago the hinge on my DS Lie broke off so  recently I bought a replacement shell for it online. I take it all apart and followed all the instructions on how to replace it on youtube. However when I finished I turned it and the (green) light turns on momentarily then turns off. The bottom screen flashes and then goes blank while the top sceen does nothing. Is it completely broken? What can I do to fix it? Thank You

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 1, 2013 6:28 PM in response to: ANNOPOL95
Re: DS Lite will not turn on

Its completly broken you can't fix it now.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 1, 2013 6:30 PM in response to: ANNOPOL95

http://techforums.nintendo.com/docs/DOC-1021

"11. Do not suggest technical fixes that could in any way harm a Nintendo product and/or expose someone to the risk of injury."

Sorry, but due to safety concerns and liability issues, we are not allowed to give technical advice on making repairs to any of Nintendo's products.

So that does mean the only advice I can give you is to either call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform to contact them, and they can discuss what repair options you might have.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,714 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jan 1, 2013 6:30 PM in response to: ANNOPOL95

ANNOPOL95  wrote:

Hi

Couple months ago the hinge on my DS Lie broke off so  recently I bought a replacement shell for it online. I take it all apart and followed all the instructions on how to replace it on youtube. However when I finished I turned it and the (green) light turns on momentarily then turns off. The bottom screen flashes and then goes blank while the top sceen does nothing. Is it completely broken? What can I do to fix it? Thank You

Yeah, sorry to say, but it sounds like that Nintendo DS Lite system may have had it. At this point, it would probably be better to cut your losses and just purchase another system.

NINTEND3DSXL 253 posts since
Oct 6, 2012
Jan 2, 2013 10:27 AM in response to: ANNOPOL95

I don't think it's completely broken. Don't buy a new one just yet.

***Edited to remove suggestions to fix a Nintendo system yourself. Please refer to the Nintendo Tech Support Forums Terms of Service.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_JOE

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Jan 2, 2013 10:34 AM in response to: ANNOPOL95

ANNOPOL95  wrote:

Is there any possible way I can fix it or take it somewhere to be fixed?

Sadly, Nintendo will not fix your DS Lite, as you have tampered with the internal components. However, you may still search for a non-official repair elsewhere. I don't know of any myself, and if i did i couldn't tell you about it here, but we can't stop you from looking. You may have just done something as simple as not connecting one of the ribbons tight enough, or just forgetting to connect one single component could make the entire DS system unuseable until it is diagnosed and fixed. You may have to take it to a professional other than Nintendo. And even then, it may be unfixable. However, if you believe that you did everything correctly, it's probably just something simple and i would give a non-Nintendo repair a shot, if you can find one. But when it comes down to it, Nintendo is always the best option for a repair, so in the fufture i would advise against anything that may force them to deny the repair of any of your Nintendo hardware.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Jan 2, 2013 10:47 AM in response to: ANNOPOL95

No problem. But something i forgot to mention, if worst comes to worst and your DS Lite cannot be salvaged, you can sell it for parts. People buy broken DS Lites all the time on eBay. You won't get much, but it's something to go towards a new DS system. And i'm guessing since it has a new shell it's in like-new cosmetic condition, and that will up the bidding as well. But whatever happens, good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)