Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

14,080 Views 13 Replies Last post: Jan 3, 2013 3:38 AM by CHRIMBUSCHRIST
RSS
ITHELINKMASTER 8 posts since
Jan 3, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 3, 2013 1:03 AM

TV isn't recognizing the Wii U

For some reason on the TV in my room will not recognize the Wii U.  I plug in the HDMI cable and nothing, I use my Wii's composite cables for the Wii U and nothing.  Though for some reason it works on the living room TV just fine.  Same thing happened when I brought the Wii U to my cousin's house to play it, it didn't work on their living room TV, but did work on my cousin's TV.  I also tried using the composite cables into my VHS/DVD player to pull up the Wii U, but still nothing.   Any suggestions on what to do?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,714 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 1:07 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER
Re: TV isn't recognizing the Wii U

ITHELINKMASTER  wrote:

For some reason on the TV in my room will not recognize the Wii U.  I plug in the HDMI cable and nothing, I use my Wii's composite cables for the Wii U and nothing.  Though for some reason it works on the living room TV just fine.  Same thing happened when I brought the Wii U to my cousin's house to play it, it didn't work on their living room TV, but did work on my cousin's TV.  I also tried using the composite cables into my VHS/DVD player to pull up the Wii U, but still nothing.   Any suggestions on what to do?

Hm. That's a bit strange. And you checked and double checked the channel settings of the TV is correct?

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 2:07 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

ITHELINKMASTER  wrote:

I have checked the settings, but still for some strange reason it's not picking it up.  I can have my Wii up on the TV and then use it's composite cables into the Wii U, but nothing popped up.  Though again works fine on the TV in the living room.

Hmm...tell me something, have you tried putting your Wii U console into Wii mode while on your TV?

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 2:38 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

Huh...that is very odd. And you've tried playing around with the Wii U's screen settings and still nothing? That really doesn't make any sense as to why it doesn't work. Huh...lemme see if I can dig anything up.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 2:50 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

ITHELINKMASTER  wrote:

Yes this works, okay for some reason it wasn't connecting with the HDMI cable, but I went to the Wii U settings like you suggested and saw that I had to change the TV connection to non-HDMI.  Didn't realize I had to change that manually, and now it's there perfectly on the screen, still no idea what's the deal with the HDMI cable, but everything is working now.

The bit about the HDMI cable not working is a bit strange, but I'm glad I was able to help. Always feel more than free to come back if you need some more tech-related help with your Nintendo games or consoles. We exist to serve! Ha ha.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 3:05 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

ITHELINKMASTER  wrote:

Thanks a lot really, been racking my brain with this the past few days.  Well since this is a little off topic, I was just curious if you might know the answer.  I did the Wii to Wii U transfer and I noticed it kept all the same friend codes, but on the Wii menu it doesn't have it's friend code like the original.  So I was wondering if games that have features depending on the Wii friend code like Metroid Prime 3 with it's vouchers for bonus stuff, would this mean this option is no longer available since the friend code for the Wii menu is gone or is it still there in secret?  If you can't answer it's fine just curious, and thanks again for the assisstance.

No, I can answer that question for you as well. Sadly, for whatever reason, Nintendo has stripped away a number of features from the Wii operating system on the Wii U's Wii Mode, including any and all WiiConnect24 features. So these games that use these features, like Metroid Prime 3: Corruption as you stated for the in-game vouchers for the bonus content, although you can still play the actual game, the features used through WiiConnect24 no longer can be used. In theory, Nintendo could find a way to re-add this feature to Wii Mode at some point in time through a Nintendo Wii U system update that updates the Wii Mode program itself, but at the current time, we can only play the games either locally or online.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 3:17 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

ITHELINKMASTER  wrote:

That's what I figured, hopefully they'll add it back in a future system update.  Thanks a lot for all the assistance, that was all I've been wondering about lately.  If I have anymore questions I'll be sure to come back.

They might, they might not, you just never know. I kind of wish they would so it would at least be easier to get the special items for Animal Crossing: City Folk. For all we know though, they could choose to re-add the News and Forecast Channels to Wii Mode but not WiiConnect24. Ha ha.

Regardless though, glad to help. It might take a bit of time for someone to reply or find the answer you're looking for, but we're always ready to help when we can.

CHRIMBUSCHRIST 18 posts since
Dec 31, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 3:35 AM in response to: ITHELINKMASTER

ok i know this seems a lil strange. ive had this happen with hdmi cables before. reverse the cable. i know it sounds a lil strange and idk why switching the cable around worked. granted its not a setting or bad hdmi port. once it doest recognize unhook the hdmi cable and reverse it.

CHRIMBUSCHRIST 18 posts since
Dec 31, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 3:38 AM in response to: CHRIMBUSCHRIST

had this happen to my ps3 all the time. i would check and double check and everything would be hooked up right. one time i reversed the cable and it worked. any timee it happened again the cable reversal always worked.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)