Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
1,736 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 3, 2013 1:03 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
CAMMAN1995 8 posts since
Apr 10, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 3, 2013 12:50 PM

DSi to 3DS System Transfer Questions

Ok, I got a 3DS for Christmas and was unable to do a system transfer from my DSi until now due to a funky internet issue.  However, now that I have resolved that, I'm confused as to a few things about the transfer.

I have bought a few things on the 3DS eShop and have funds in it.  Will those be deleted?

What is meant when it tells me that the Wi-Fi data on the 3DS will be overwritten by that of the DSi?

I am already aware that everything will be deleted from the DSi in the transfer. 

Thanks for any help.

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 12:55 PM in response to: CAMMAN1995
Re: DSi to 3DS System Transfer Questions

The things that you bought from the eshop won't be deleted

ALEX762 970 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 12:59 PM in response to: CAMMAN1995

No problem.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Jan 3, 2013 12:57 PM in response to: CAMMAN1995

nope, all funds and downloaded games on the dsi shop and the 3ds eshop will merge together onto the 3ds. you may have to do some redownloading, but you will not have to repurchase anything. and the DSi will just ovewrite the wifi-data for the 3ds so you won't lose any online data or friend codes for games like pokemon diamond and pearl and mario kart ds where you have to lock the online profile of the game cart to a single ds system.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,534 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 1:03 PM in response to: CAMMAN1995

CAMMAN1995  wrote:

Ok, I got a 3DS for Christmas and was unable to do a system transfer from my DSi until now due to a funky internet issue.  However, now that I have resolved that, I'm confused as to a few things about the transfer.

I have bought a few things on the 3DS eShop and have funds in it.  Will those be deleted?

What is meant when it tells me that the Wi-Fi data on the 3DS will be overwritten by that of the DSi?

I am already aware that everything will be deleted from the DSi in the transfer. 

Thanks for any help.

No, you will not lose any of your data related to your Nintendo eShop account. Both your previously purchases and your funds will remain intact.

As for the matter of what it means by "Wi-Fi", that's related to the actual Nintendo DS aspects of the Nintendo 3DS, and is connected to your Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection records for any Nintendo DS games you may have played on your Nintendo 3DS. In this case, any Nintendo DS related data tied to the Nintendo 3DS system will be overwritten by the Nintendo DSi related data. Data tied to the Nintendo 3DS system can only be overwritten by another Nintendo 3DS system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)