Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

7,228 Views 17 Replies Last post: Jan 3, 2013 6:07 PM by JCOLIN
RSS
JCOLIN 6 posts since
Jan 3, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 3, 2013 5:28 PM

How to transfer all data from broken 3DS to new 3DS XL?

I had a 3DS that got washed a while ago, it no longer works. All it can manage to do is turn on to the point where the blue light shows, which nothing happens, then after a while the blue light turns off. Since I couldn't get it to work, I got a 3DS XL for Christmas. I transferred all the data I was able to between SD cards (Photos, videos, etc.) however since I can't turn on the old 3DS I cannot transfer the rest of the games and such to my new 3DS XL. Is there anyway I can send in my old 3DS and/or my 3DS XL so that I may transfer the rest of the data on my washed 3DS to my 3DS XL? If not, is there any other solution to transfer the data?

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:32 PM in response to: JCOLIN
Re: How to transfer all data from broken 3DS to new 3DS XL?

You can't unless you fix your broken 3ds to transfer it.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:35 PM in response to: JCOLIN

Yeah by sending it for repairs.

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:33 PM in response to: JCOLIN

Nintendo could repair the broken 3DS and send it back to you. Then you could transfer. Call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 between 6am and 7pm PST, 7 days a week. They'll set up a repair.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,196 posts since
Apr 1, 2010

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_system.jsp?menu=transfer%20games&submenu=ctr-ht-software-transfer

More information about how to do a system transfer at the above url, but you will need to have the original 3DS fully functional and also access to an Internet connection to be able to fully complete the transfer over to the XL..

So you might have to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number to set up a repair for your 3DS so you will be able to do this, sorry.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,709 posts since
Mar 29, 2011

JCOLIN  wrote:

I had a 3DS that got washed a while ago, it no longer works. All it can manage to do is turn on to the point where the blue light shows, which nothing happens, then after a while the blue light turns off. Since I couldn't get it to work, I got a 3DS XL for Christmas. I transferred all the data I was able to between SD cards (Photos, videos, etc.) however since I can't turn on the old 3DS I cannot transfer the rest of the games and such to my new 3DS XL. Is there anyway I can send in my old 3DS and/or my 3DS XL so that I may transfer the rest of the data on my washed 3DS to my 3DS XL? If not, is there any other solution to transfer the data?

Oh, man, that's rough. At this point though, really the only thing you could do would be to set-up a repair for your console with Nintendo. Repairs for a Nintendo 3DS system are normally around $75, but since the entire thing is pretty much shot, I have no idea how much it would cost to fix. You could try to contact Nintendo through their toll-free hotline and speaking to a rep there and see if they might be able to help you. Their number 1-800-255-3700.

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:34 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Off-topic... but I think all three of us posted the exact same minute.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:36 PM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

Thats wierd.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 5:39 PM in response to: JCOLIN

Yeah this is a popular  disscusion 8 posts in 9 minutes i posted something an hour ago and still haven't got a single answer.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 5:41 PM in response to: JCOLIN

JCOLIN  wrote:

I know, that was really fast too, thank you all for being really helpful! I'll just have to hope I can get my original 3DS repaired at a (hopfully) decent price, thank you all again for helping me! It really stinks that I might not be able to get all the data transferred, but at least I have a chance.

Since you still have the original system, there should, in theory, be some way that you can at least get your Nintendo eShop account moved over to the new Nintendo 3DS you have. Best of luck to you, my friend.

*looks at Fi and One-Of-Three* ...I'm sick and have nothing better to do, you guys can take the day off if you want. Ha ha.

ALEX762 972 posts since
Jul 23, 2012
Jan 3, 2013 8:59 PM in response to: NIGHTFIRE5

Me too im really sick.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 5:47 PM in response to: JCOLIN

JCOLIN  wrote:

What exactly should I ask them before I call?

I wouldn't say there's much to ask. Explain the situation to them, and then ask them what your options are so that you can at least have the ability to redownload any paid purchases you had from the Nintendo eShop.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 3, 2013 6:05 PM in response to: JCOLIN

JCOLIN  wrote:

Right so when calling the category it would fall under is a system not working as expected?

When calling them on the auto menu? The best thing to do is to simply press 0 to get connected to a rep right away. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)