Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,649 Views 2 Replies Last post: Jan 4, 2013 5:05 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
DASHINGDO 1 posts since
Jan 4, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 4, 2013 5:00 PM

Connecting DSi to WPA Internet

So I recently got a DSi, and I really just want to be able to trade pokemon over it. I have a WPA internet connection, though, which doesn't allow online playing apparently. I really do not want to change the setting to WEP becuause I share the internet with my roomates, and I wouldn't want to put their online security at risk (plus I don't really own the internet anyways). We do have a guest account that is listed as "unsecured" on my computer and appears as an gold, unlocked lock on my DSi. I have tried to connect to this but I always get the same error message (052200-1). Is there anyway that I can fix this to connect my DSi to the guest account? Also, if I get a Nintendo USB wifi adapter thing can I then go online with my WPA internet security or will I still have to change it to WEP? And will it work if I have a Windows 7 system?

MARIO 3,386 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jan 4, 2013 5:01 PM in response to: DASHINGDO
Re: Connecting DSi to WPA Internet

If you have Pokemon Black/White or Black/White 2, you can use WPA, otherwise you will indeed need to downgrade the security to connect. The official USB adapter hasn't been produced in a long time and is unsupported, but some generic adapters do support a "soft-AP" mode that lets you create a temporary access point to connect to. You could also check your router's manual to determine if it has any kind of support for a "guest" network, although the error you got has this information.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,593 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 4, 2013 5:05 PM in response to: DASHINGDO
Re: Connecting DSi to WPA Internet

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=052200-1&system=DS&locale=lang

The 052200-1 error code does indicate that there might be ''a firewall is blocking traffic necessary for connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.''

But if the copy&pasted information below does not help, it might be that you will have to change the router security to WEP or no security to be able to play online with this game.

You might also want to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and see if there is anything else that might be done, such as whether or not the use of the USB wi-fi adapter will help.

Error Code: 052200-1

The Access Point you are attempting to connect from is not connected to the internet or a firewall is blocking traffic necessary for connecting to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. What to do will depend on where you are trying to connect from:

What to do:

If you have multiple connection files saved to your Nintendo DS, the error message you received can help determine which connection file may be experiencing a problem:

• Errors ending in 0 = connection file 1
    • Errors ending in 1 = connection file 2
    • Errors ending in 2 = connection file 3
    • Errors ending in 3 = Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

• Verify that your router is connected to the internet when attempting to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you are not able to access the internet on your computer, then there is a problem with your Internet connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for more information.
  •  

• America Online (AOL) broadband users may experience difficulties when attempting to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Please contact America Online for assistance.
  •  

• If this error occurs regularly, while you are playing at home, it is likely a connection problem related to your firewall settings. For more information on firewalls and the Nintendo WFC, click here.
  •  

If the above information does not work, and you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, click here for additional assistance.

If the above information does not work, and you are connecting at home with a wireless router, there could be settings on your router that need to be adjusted. Please click here for more information.

Connecting from a Hotspot:

If you have multiple connection files saved to your Nintendo DS, the error message you received can help determine which connection file may be experiencing a problem:

• Errors ending in 0 = connection file 1
    • Errors ending in 1 = connection file 2
    • Errors ending in 2 = connection file 3
    • Errors ending in 3 = Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

• The access point at the Hotspot may not be experiencing problems. Ask the staff on site if their Wi-Fi network is up and running.
  •  

• If the Hotspot's access point has a built-in firewall or other security that interferes with the necessary transmissions from the Nintendo DS, then the access point will not be compatible with the Nintendo DS.
  •  

• Try another Hotspot.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)