Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
25,180 Views 10 Replies Last post: Jun 24, 2011 6:37 PM by POKMAST
RSS
LINKFUTURE 1 posts since
May 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 8, 2010 9:50 PM

Can you re-download purchased games and channels to a new Wii by linking it to club Nintendo?

Does anyone know if this is possible because I am trading my white wii in for the new black wii that is out now so I was wondering If I could recover them by linking to my club nintendo account.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,034 posts since
Apr 1, 2010

Sorry but the Wii Shop content is tied to the original Wii console that it was downloaded onto and can not be transferred to another console, as a way to help prevent gamesharing.

3 posts since
May 10, 2010

That stinks!  I just bought the new black wii and I have a lot of games on my white wii.  It is a good thing that I am keeping the white one as well.

61 posts since
Apr 1, 2010

I'm sure Nintendo will eventually make it so that you can transfer Wii Shop Accounts, specially when the next gen Nintendo console is out. I would be really shoked if they didn't do that by then, if that is the case then they won't hear from me buying from their online services anymore.

1 posts since
Jun 5, 2010

Does this mean that Nintendo doesn't support its retailers who are trying to sell Nintendo's "new" product to existing customers?  If a documented trade-in is processed by the registered retailer (in this case, G*M*S**P), this seems self-defeating...

It's been stated that Nintendo can transfer the software; is there some reason that they won't in this case? Is there someone I can call to ask for an exception?

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010

Actually, I don't think they will release a way. But thats another topic.

Unless your Wii was stolen, they won't transfer the data to your new Wii.
And since it wasn't stolen... sorry.

61 posts since
Apr 1, 2010

Maybe not for transfering accounts from Wii to Wii, but the day they release a new system, they HAVE to (and they BETTER) allow you to transfer your purchases to the new system.

5 posts since
May 18, 2010

My Wii was stolen and they still wouldn't transfer the games. I had 18 total!  It was about $150 worth of games!

5 posts since
May 18, 2010

I retract my last statement.  They might transfer my games now.  I emailed nintendo and a rep called me back to inform me that if I showed "proof" of the theft then it might be possible to get my vc games back.  Hope it'll happen once I show them the police report!

4 posts since
Jun 19, 2011

I feel that this sort of zealous anti-piracy technique does more to promote piracy than deter it. When I download games from services like the Virtual Console, I have to ask myself, "Am I buying this or borrowing this?" It very much seems like borrowing it in this case. Which is fine, but then don't charge me a fee that makes me feel like I'm buying it. With these corporations telling you when, where and how you can use their software, I can't really blame some of those out there who would rather mod or download software just so they don't have to jump through hoops or re-purchase hundreds of dollars worth of software if someone steals their device or if it breaks. It's getting to the point where the only way to really own digital content is to steal it and I think that is making the virtual marketplace much worse than it needs to be. I would rather support Nintendo, don't get me wrong, I just feel that these kinds of "Iron Fist" policies are really ruining something that could be really great.

15 posts since
Jun 24, 2011

No, you cannot do this yourself, but I've heard that if you call Nintendo Customer Support they will move the download rights over to the new Wii if you ask them nicely.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)