Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
20,822 Views 14 Replies Last post: Feb 25, 2013 11:59 AM by MARIOGOLFER777
RSS
BADAMS22 5 posts since
Jan 10, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 10, 2013 10:49 AM

Wii U Freezing up on Skylanders Giants

We just got the new Skylander Giants for wii U and every now and then it will freeze and buzz sound i will have to unplug power adaptor then plug back in and its fine for a while then it does it again and I have to keep repeating this process. Sometimes I can play for longer periods of time than others.  Does anybody out there have the same issue with Skylander Giants and did you figure a fix for it?

ONE-OF-THREE 6,581 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 10, 2013 2:30 PM in response to: BADAMS22
Re: Wii U Freezing up on Skylanders Giants

While it could be a problem with the video game disc, the freezing issue seems to be rather random, and may affect different, such as in your case trying to play Skylander Giants and/or exiting a video game, powering off the console, using Miiverse, or just heading back to the main menu screen.

But a couple of things to try that may help with the freezing problems, are setting the Miiverse to English only, and if there was any kind of update that you had to download you before you could play this or any of your other Wii U video games, deleting and re-downloading the update may help correct this.

And if deleting/reinstalling the video game updates doesn't seem to have corrected this, while it will mean you will not be able to play that particular video game that requires an update, try just deleting each of the updates and do not re-download the update to see if the console will no longer freeze.

And to change Miiverse to English only can be set by heading into Miiverse, then "User Menu", "Settings/Other", "Miiverse Settings" and then selecting "View community posts from users who are using which system language?" and instead of "All Languages" , choose "English Only".

And to find the individual video game updates, head to your Wii U "System Settings", "Data Management", "Move/Delete Data", and once you click on "System Memory", you should be able to find and the option to delete its "Update Data" there.

CORONADO7 7 posts since
Jan 10, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 3:24 PM in response to: BADAMS22

This is a solition, link:

See the last article:

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/82546#82546

BIKER_BOB 61 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Jan 10, 2013 6:22 PM in response to: BADAMS22

Assign your Wii U to a FIXED IP address and ALL your freezes will disappear. There's an error in the OS software where the Wii U tries to piggyback on another appliance's IP, which causes random conflicts in the network, causing the Wii U to crash. If you assign a fixed IP (done in the router; then use that IP in your Wii U connection), the Wii U will not piggyback anymore.

Got this confirmed from the European Nintendo helpdesk and it is working for 180 hours straight now for me. And I had LOTS of freezes.

BIKER_BOB 61 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Jan 11, 2013 5:06 AM in response to: BADAMS22

Wired or wireless does not matter, the Wii U is setup to automatically generate an IP from your router/modem. You either have to disable the internet connection or enter the setup of your router (see your manual, this is different for all modems/routers). Just look for the Wii U in the IP table and make that one fixed. Then enter that address in your Wii U connection IP settings. Choose manual instead of automatic and enter the fixed IP. There's bound to be a YouTube video or some other document for your specific modem/router.

KEPPYMAN 1 posts since
Jan 11, 2013
Jan 11, 2013 10:05 PM in response to: BIKER_BOB

hello i had the same problem with the Wii u playing Skylanders, using the AOSS connection seems to have resolved it for me.

UNIACKE1 1 posts since
Jan 12, 2013
Jan 12, 2013 6:02 AM in response to: BIKER_BOB

I have tried this and everything in between, I cant even load my game it won't get past the the very first screen, goes to black and totally freezes. My other games MArio wii U and nintendo land work, but skylanders gives it a panic attack. worked fine till yesterday. SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIKER_BOB 61 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Jan 13, 2013 10:05 AM in response to: UNIACKE1

Check your disc for fingerprints. The manual inputting of fixed IP and DNS should resolve all freezing issues. If your game doesn't load it usually is a smudged or faulty disc. The Wii U optical drive does not like dust or fingerprints at all. It is a tad too sensitive, if you ask me. Check that, please. You could try using the disc in someone else's Wii U and see if the error occurs there as well.

GERSIDI 3 posts since
Feb 25, 2013
Feb 25, 2013 6:01 AM in response to: BADAMS22

I can't play my Super Mario Bros game anymore. Everytime it gets to the loading screen it freezes (music playing) and I have to unplug the system. Worked fine for 2 weeks then stopped working all of a sudden. No visible scratches or smudges on disc. Has been cleaned. Other games I own work fine. I have tried setting Miiverse to english only, changing IP to manual, tuurning off the internet, etc..

MARIO 3,373 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Feb 25, 2013 11:20 AM in response to: GERSIDI

If you are have any external HDD plugged in, I would try temporarily unplugging it to see if the game starts up afterwards. If you have the NSMB U update installed, I'd try deleting it and re-downloading it as well.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Feb 25, 2013 11:59 AM in response to: GERSIDI

If you're having issues with another game, it'd be best to start a new thread to get a better answer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)