Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2,028 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 5, 2013 3:01 AM by MARIO
RSS
MIKECRONBERG1 1 posts since
Jan 18, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 18, 2013 12:24 PM

Error Code: 005-6534 help please

I keep enountering the Error Code: 005-6534 message everytime I attempt to download a game from the 3DS eshop. I just put up $50.00 via Credit Card before this happened. This is my first time buying anything off the eshop since this past summer. I shut off the system as it said on the support page but I am still encountering this issue. Can anybody please help me?

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jan 18, 2013 2:27 PM in response to: MIKECRONBERG1
Re: Error Code: 005-6534 help please

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=005-6534&system=3DS&locale=lang

Unfortunately, but yeah, the 005-6534 error code is really only being "Captain Obvious" and doesn't give a clue as to what the actual problem might be, sorry.

So perhaps unless you want to give us a lot more information, such as what your Internet set up is, what type of wireless router security you might be using, anything else that might help, it might be faster and just easier for you to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and one of the service representatives will be able to do some over the phone troubleshooting to find out what the problem is, and talk you through any needed steps to correct this.

Unless of course, if the only suggestion does actually work, and you "Power off your system and try again" perhaps tomorrow to see if you can download the game then.

MARIO 3,247 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Feb 5, 2013 3:01 AM in response to: MIKECRONBERG1
Re: Error Code: 005-6534 help please

I'd try the steps listed on this page under "Additional Steps" which has solved the problem for others.

Additional Steps: 

1. Change the Region Setting to Canada
    1. From the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu, select "System Settings."
    2. Select "Other Settings," then "Profile."
    3. Select "Region Settings," then select Canada (this will be changed back to United States in a moment).
    4. Select "OK" twice, "Back" twice, then "Close" to return to the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu.
  2. Enter the Nintendo eShop
    1. Select the Nintendo eShop icon, then select "Next" twice.
    2. Select "I agree," "Next," then "Confirm."

Note:  You will see a notice about how the change in country settings  affects your funds.  Your funds will become accessible again once the  country is changed back to United States at the end of this process.

3. Select " any province, and select "OK" twice to enter the Nintendo eShop.
      • If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, select "Skip."
    4. Press the HOME Button and select "Close" to exit the Nintendo eShop.
  3. Change the Region Setting to United States
    1. Select "Other Settings," then "Profile."
    2. Select "Region Settings," then select United States.
    3. Select the state, then "OK."
    4. Select "Back" twice, then "Close" to return to the Nintendo 3DS HOME menu.
  4. Update the Zip code in the Nintendo eShop
    1. Select the Nintendo eShop icon, then select "Next" twice.
    2. Select "I accept," "Next," then "Confirm."
      • If prompted to link to Club Nintendo, you may choose to do so now,  or you may select "Skip" to link your account at a later time.
    3. Select the "Menu" button from the top-left of the touch screen.
    4. Scroll down and select "Settings / Other."
    5. Scroll down and select "Location Settings."
    6. Enter the zip code, then select "OK."
    7. Verify that your city, state, and county are correct, or select the city, state, and county if prompted.
    8. Select "OK" twice to confirm your location settings.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)