Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,128 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 25, 2013 4:59 PM by B22BLUE
RSS
B22BLUE 3 posts since
Jan 22, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2013 2:45 AM

Adding funds to Wii U eShop

Hello,

I bought a US Wii U and I live in asia. When I try to add funds using my credit card, the eShop won't add anything. It says this card cannot be used or something like that. I have no problem adding funds to my PS3 and I use my card to buy online all the time.

Do I need to have an American CC in order to add funds to the eShop? If so, is there anywhay around this?

Thank you.

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Jan 22, 2013 6:34 AM in response to: B22BLUE
Re: Adding funds to Wii U eShop

I'm not 100% sure on this, so if I'm wrong, I wouldn't be surprised. Hopefully someone can confirm or deny my hypothesis.

Using previous knowledge, this is may be because of Nintendo's region lock. Your country and the USA are in two different regions, so when the American Wii U tries to use an Asian credit card, it sees the region difference and won't add funds. Since the PS3 has no region lock, it won't have a problem.

Either that, or maybe it's because of the different currencies. The different currencies may not work out with the region locked Wii U because the Wii U uses USD, while your country uses its own currency.

Jan 16, 2012
Jan 22, 2013 8:04 AM in response to: B22BLUE

Darn, well, I'm sorry that isn't what you want to hear. The system really shouldn't have region lock. It just hurts gamers (namely Australians and New Zealanders) because some gamers have such high, inflated game prices in their countries.

LONEWOLFE1 3 posts since
Dec 23, 2012
Jan 25, 2013 1:58 PM in response to: B22BLUE

sadly i live in the carbbean (st.kitts) and everything we buy is imported from the us... and there are no stores here that sell nintendo eshop cards nor wiiu games... it really sucks :( ill try to use my card and it ports an error out too me :/ sigh nintendo please have a change of heart

Jan 16, 2012
Jan 25, 2013 2:16 PM in response to: LONEWOLFE1

If you want to contact Nintendo, this webform should be of assistance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)