Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
11,927 Views 3 Replies Last post: May 11, 2010 9:39 AM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
2 posts since
May 10, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 10, 2010 10:09 PM

power surge

I bought the new wii (black), after setting it up, I plugged into the the wall outlet and the power tripped... I immediatelly unplugged it (i saw the consoles power light turned to red before i unplugged it).  after  a while i again plugged the adaptor to the wall outlet and the console was not recieving any power.  Is there any chance that the console was damaged or was it the adaptor only.

Please give me some information on how to fix the problem...

Thank you.

3 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
May 11, 2010 1:51 AM in response to: BINTOY
Re: power surge

The Wii power adapter has a built in surge suppressor, that big block in the middle. It's likely the source of your power issues after the power surge, and can be reset fairly easily...Unplug the cord from both the power source, and the wii unit. Also unplug the wire that connects it to your TV, and anything that might be connected via the USB ports. Wait at least 2 minutes. Then plug everything back into the wii, and finally plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet, not a power strip. If the red light still doesn't come back on, you may have issues beyond just the cord, and a call to Nintendo might be necessary.

ONE-OF-THREE 4,751 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 11, 2010 9:39 AM in response to: BINTOY
Re: power surge

BINTOY  wrote:

I tried it and still no power coming into the console.

is it also possible trhat the adapter has been damaged or the fuse in the adapter got burned since i find find it very odd that there is a problem in the console as i understand that the adapter will protect the console in any power surge.

I just need to know how will console got damaged in the power surge.

please help as i can not easily call nintendo as im am overseas.

thanks

Since you are posting on a Nintendo of America website, is your Wii console also from North America?

If it is, then likely the reason for this problem is due to the different electrical voltages between the United States (and Canada) and whichever overseas country you are living in.

As the North America voltage is 120 volts, while most European countries the voltage is 220 volts, which if you plug in any electrical device that is only designed for 120v into a 220volt outlet, unfortunately, that will easily damage the electrical components of the device.

And since you can not use Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, then instead try their webform to contact Nintendo of America to see if anything can be done to help you.

As unfortunately, even if it is a North American Wii console, Nintendo of America repairs Nintendo products that can be received from and shipped back to a North American address, sorry.

But if they are unable to help you, they might be able to give you the contact information for the nearest Nintendo division for your country and they should be able to help you,:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)