Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,715 Views 3 Replies Last post: Feb 1, 2013 3:35 PM by CARWILE235
RSS
TRIGGERXXIN 2 posts since
Jan 27, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2013 6:36 PM

NBA 2K13 server error 103-9999 102-2107 unplayable

For some reason I can not use MyPLAYER mode or any other online functions. No online modes at all. This is half the game unplayable.

It happens every time I start the game. I receive an error message every time that says

"The 2K Sports server is temporarily unavailable. You will automatically be connected when service is restored"

I have never been connected to the 2K Sports server and have never been  able to create an online MyPLAYER account. My Wii U is definitely  connected to the Internet as I can access Miiverse and other online  functions. I have contacted the 2K tech support phone number multiple times  and have carried out each and every step in the troubleshooting guide  and nothing has fixed the issue. I have reset my router. Turned NAT off.  Forwarded the appropriate ports. Deleted save files and update data and  re-downloaded. Everything I have tried as suggested by Tech support and  other online support (including searching the Internet for similar  problems) has failed to solve the issue. I can not connect to the 2K  Sports servers for reasons unknown.

It is also isolated to my console only at my house and a friend's house.  In the house I live there are three Wii U consoles. Mine is the only  one of the three (all using the exact same Internet connection, settings  and router) that has the above issue. The two other Wii Us have  connected and always connect to the 2K Sports server and can play online  and have created online MyPLAYER accounts.

I also took my Wii U console to a friend's house who also has a Wii U.  We first tested the game in their console and performed update 1.02. On  booting up the game his game was updated with the latest NBA jerseys and  court art and was invited to create an online MyPLAYER account. So  there was no issue with my friend's Wii U and connecting to the 2K  Sports server.

After we tested my friends Wii U I connected my Wii U to their wireless  network. Performed update 1.02 (again) and booted up the game.  Immediately I was presented with the error message;

"The 2K Sports server is temporarily unavailable. You will automatically be connected when service is restored"

So we tried all of the troubleshooting methods at my friend's house too.  Including resetting the router, turning off NAT and forwarding ports.  Nothing solved the issue.

We connected my friend's Wii U again and it worked fine.

We have sufficiently proved that the issue is with my console and the  game and not anything to do with the Internet connection, the router or  anything else.
Once in the game menus I can go to the MyPLAYER menu and if I try and  select any option I receive the same error message. I have never once  been connected to the 2K Sports servers with my Wii U and NBA 2K13  despite three other Wii Us being able to connect with the same disc and  same Internet connection and settings.

Please any help would be very much appreciated because at this point I have half a game.

CARWILE235 424 posts since
Jan 5, 2013
Jan 27, 2013 6:42 PM in response to: TRIGGERXXIN
Re: NBA 2K13 server error 103-9999 102-2107 unplayable

This certainly is a console issue. If you have not opened the system to tamper with it, you can send it to Nintendo and they will repair it for you.  Just call them at 1-800-255-3700, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week. They will give you more information.

ZONE51 1 posts since
Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 8:32 PM in response to: CARWILE235

Please Don't Listen to this response. It's not the console "It's the 2K Server." What's exactly wrong with it? Don't have that answer, but i do know that It's not the system! Nintendo can't help with this. Only 2k can. 2k's support link is here. I'm almost positive that if you contact Nintendo they will point you in that direction. No disrespect to the poster you tried to help, but the only thing that this would accomplish at best is not having your system for a few weeks and the problem not being solved. I know that it's frustration but the 2k server was crappy for a few years now on the other systems so i'm sure the new guy on the block first product wouldn't get too much love, but maybe they'll get a patch in due time but hey you never know. There are options out there just search the internet and keep your fingers crossed. Good Luck!

the link for support is

http://support.2k.com

CARWILE235 424 posts since
Jan 5, 2013
Feb 1, 2013 3:35 PM in response to: TRIGGERXXIN

In retrospect, my response was not the proper one. While I do now think that the console is not the problem, I suggest that you contact Nintendo through their webform or phone number, just so you can get a professional, corporate response. They may have a department that knows more about that server!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)