Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
4,364 Views 6 Replies Last post: Feb 6, 2013 3:22 PM by CPM
RSS
JUNE14 3 posts since
Feb 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2013 2:29 PM

Question on MiiVerse Ban

My 10 year old son got a Wii U for Christmas and setup an account on Miiverse.   He made an honest mistake a couple nights ago and posted his 3DS Friendcode to another person and recieved a permanant ban.    I totally understand the reasoning behind strict moderation of the online community and I appreciate it as a parent.  This was an honest mistake and I am wondering if there is any type of appeal process to get him reinstated ?

Can anyone comment or help ?

Thanks

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Feb 6, 2013 2:27 PM in response to: JUNE14
Re: Question on MiiVerse Ban

First, can you edit out your name in your message? The forums don't allow personal info to be shared. You can edit your message with the "Edit Discussion" button in the top-right column.

I really don't know if there's a way to get it back. I don't like Miiverse's overmoderation, so I steer clear of it when I play. I'd contact Nintendo about this at 1-800-255-3700 between 6am and 8pm PST. Be sure to note that this was the first offense (if it was at least) because if it was the first offense, a permanent ban is way too far.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Feb 6, 2013 2:32 PM in response to: FI THE MASTER SWORD

FI THE MASTER SWORD  wrote:

Be sure to note that this was the first offense (if it was at least) because if it was the first offense, a permanent ban is way too far.

That is quite far for sharing a friend code. I once commented on someone's post who had a really high score on Balloon fight, and used a censor bypass. That comment got deleted by an admin, and I got a message from him stating why my post was removed. I replied to him saying "I understand." Good thing I didn't get banned....

FITHEMASTERSWORD 1,458 posts since
Jan 16, 2012
Feb 6, 2013 2:46 PM in response to: JUNE14

I can't explain why Nintendo's like this. I really wish I could help you more, but the only shot at getting unbanned is to directly contact Nintendo at the previously mentioned phone number. Also remember to have your son's Nintendo Network ID on hand so that the Nintendo rep can know exactly who the person is.

CPM 1,239 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Feb 6, 2013 3:22 PM in response to: JUNE14

you can also email nintendo using http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)