Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2,676 Views 1 Reply Last post: Feb 12, 2013 7:58 AM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
XOPLAZMA 1 posts since
Feb 11, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 11, 2013 5:35 PM

Getting around WPA connection

I've been trying to connect my Pokemon Black 2 (Nintendo DS) file to my internet connection and I can't get it to work. I'm using a DS lite and I'm connection to a ZyXel router but it says that "the access point's security settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS." This is because my router runs on a WPA security... thing, so I know I can't connect this way. However, I've heard of people getting around this by changing their WPA to WEP. I have no idea how to do this with my router and I couldn't figure it out through the troubleshooting, hense why I'm here.

Can anybody walk me through it step by step? And are there consiquences to changing to WEP?

ONE-OF-THREE 6,253 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 12, 2013 7:58 AM in response to: XOPLAZMA
Re: Getting around WPA connection

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/Zyxel/index.jsp

Not sure if perhaps you have tried the above url, but it does list quite a few of Zyxel Routers listed there, which might help explain this, but really it would be easier for you to just give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and one of the service representatives will be able to patiently talk you through the steps needed to change your router security settings, as they may vary from router to router.

Plus, if there are any unexpected problems with perhaps any other device you might have connected to your wireless router or something, they will be able to quickly help you with that as well.

And as to whether or not there are any consequences to changing to WEP, well it is considered less secure than WPA, but it is still more safer than having no type of  security at all on a wireless router.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)