Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,401 Views 2 Replies Last post: Feb 14, 2013 4:00 PM by MALCOLM95
RSS
MALCOLM95 2 posts since
Feb 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 14, 2013 3:39 PM

Linking 3DS XL to Club Nintendo, same as Registering?

I just bought a new Nintendo 3DS XL the other day and went to the eshop and it asked me to "link" my club nintendo account. At the time I didn't think about it but Nintendo just released this new promo,

club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

where if you register a system after Feb 14th and then buy and register one of these two games you will get to download a game from the eshop which has about a $40 value.

What I would like to know is, since I "linked" my account on my 3ds is that the same as entering the serial number at the bottom of the system at club nintendo and "registering" it? If my system is already registered then I won't be able to get the free game which would really suck. I just want to know the difference between linking, and registering.  So far, the only thing I have done is link it.

Thank you if someone can help me with this

NIGHTFIRE5 3,629 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 14, 2013 3:47 PM in response to: MALCOLM95
Re: Linking 3DS XL to Club Nintendo, same as Registering?

MALCOLM95  wrote:

I just bought a new Nintendo 3DS XL the other day and went to the eshop and it asked me to "link" my club nintendo account. At the time I didn't think about it but Nintendo just released this new promo,

club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

where if you register a system after Feb 14th and then buy and register one of these two games you will get to download a game from the eshop which has about a $40 value.

What I would like to know is, since I "linked" my account on my 3ds is that the same as entering the serial number at the bottom of the system at club nintendo and "registering" it? If my system is already registered then I won't be able to get the free game which would really suck. I just want to know the difference between linking, and registering.  So far, the only thing I have done is link it.

Thank you if someone can help me with this

Linking your Nintendo 3DS eShop account to your Club Nintendo account simply allows for downloaded games to be registered to your Club Nintendo account so that you can earn Coins for these games. Registering your system means that you have entered the included PIN code with your Nintendo 3DS XL system into your Club Nintendo account, completed the survey, and earned 160 Coins for your Club Nintendo account. The PIN Code is included on a piece of paper advertising Club Nintendo, and is generally found mixed in with the various instruction books and what not that are included in the box with the system.

Also, just one thing to point out real quick, although Star Fox 64 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask all carry an MSRP of $39.99, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone! carries an MSRP of $29.99, and Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! carries an MSRP of $19.99. You may want to keep those prices in mind when selecting your fre game.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)