Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
1,638 Views 4 Replies Last post: Apr 21, 2013 7:55 AM by FRUNKIS
RSS
EXPLUSALPHA2 2 posts since
Mar 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2013 1:06 AM

Error Code: 160-0106 w/ Toshiba 2TB Drive

I'm getting the error code 160-0106 with the very drive that Nintendo Recomends on their website to buy.  I called C.S. and read my model number of the drive to them and they said that it was indeed one that should be compatible.  With the Drive standing on it's side, the AC adapter plugged into the wall, and 1 USB cord plugged into the system (Which I've tried every port on the system with the same effect) I get this error message in the middle of a game.  Is anyone else have this problem? Do I need a Y usb cable for the drive? Customer Service only suggested to Format the Drive again (Which I've done twice now) and to call back if it happens again.

TAMPA-DB 16 posts since
Jan 9, 2013
Mar 5, 2013 8:13 AM in response to: EXPLUSALPHA2
Re: Error Code: 160-0106 w/ Toshiba 2TB Drive

Yes, you will need the y cable which can be had from Amazon for $5. I'm not sure why since power is being supplied from the ac outlet. I had the same problem until I got the y cable. However, I believe this is what caused my wii u to BRLOD (blinking red light of death). I am currently awaiting Nintendo's diagnostic of my console's failure. I doubt I will be provided any explanations of substance, but one can hope. Good luck.

TAMPA-DB 16 posts since
Jan 9, 2013
Mar 5, 2013 11:25 AM in response to: EXPLUSALPHA2

Nintendo confirmed that this is one of the recommended HD's for the console. I do not see a reason not to use it. I suspect this caused my BRLOD, but I do not know for certain. I have had my console since early December and hooked the hard drive up in mid February. Console failure showed up about a week and a half later. I wouldn't worry about it since your console is under warranty. It's better to find out sooner rather than later if the console has a design flaw.

FRUNKIS 1 posts since
Apr 20, 2013
Apr 21, 2013 7:55 AM in response to: EXPLUSALPHA2

I have had a similar problem with my similarly "compatible" Toshiba 1TB drive, and I will try out the Y cable solution (yay for 3-5 days shipping).  Nintendo really messed up with saving a few bucks on going with old tech (USB 2.0 vs USB 3.0).

***Edited to remove inappropriate expression.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_MIKA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)