Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,221 Views 7 Replies Last post: May 23, 2014 6:26 PM by MOTOXBOY
RSS
SHAWNTAIL 5 posts since
Mar 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 5, 2013 9:05 PM

Downloaded games got deleted

A friend of mine told me to lend him my Wii U ID and my 3DS and since it s soon my birthday so he bought some games on my accounts. But today i opened my Wii U to play some Darksiders 2 but it says that the user ID who bought this game is not connected to this console. The same thing happened on my 3DS.

What's going on? How can games that were bought on Eshop are erased of my account? Seriously, my best friend added around 120$ on WiiU and 3DS. Nintendo, why?

MARIO 3,191 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Mar 5, 2013 9:27 PM in response to: SHAWNTAIL
Re: Downloaded games got deleted

I'm unsure of the order of events here. Explaining in more detail exactly what was attempted may help. For now, I can say that I'd double-check that if you gave them your systems so that the purchases could be made, I'd double-check that your systems are indeed yours. If you registered them on Club Nintendo, the serial number should be visible in your account; otherwise they would appear on the system's boxes.

The Wii U ID cannot be used on any other console (to make purchases or otherwise), so if your account was not on your system when you turned it on, then something may have been done. With the 3DS there is no user account, but the eShop would retain and allow you to re-download all of your purchases for free unless the eShop account itself was deleted or if it was transferred to another 3DS.

MARIO 3,191 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Mar 6, 2013 2:23 PM in response to: SHAWNTAIL

If you deleted the eShop account of whatever user bought the games, then as far as I know access to the games goes as well. For example, if you have User1 and User2 Nintendo Network IDs on the system, purchase a game under User2, then delete User2's account, you may lose access to all the games User2 purchased. Aside from you deleting the account somehow or someone with access to your system deleting it, I don't know how you could lose access to the games.

If your 3DS games cannot be redownloaded, as I said either the eShop account must have been deleted, or someone with access to the system performed a system transfer to another 3DS.

Either way, if you want to talk directly to Nintendo you can call 1-800-255-3700.

MEGAMARIO24246 1 posts since
Jul 1, 2013
Jul 1, 2013 1:21 PM in response to: SHAWNTAIL

I bought games worth 120 bucks then 3 weeks later and the games are gone then when i look at the titles on eshop it tells me to re buy it again and now there goes 120 bucks

TYLER645 1,015 posts since
Oct 9, 2011
Jul 1, 2013 1:22 PM in response to: MEGAMARIO24246

MEGAMARIO24246  wrote:

I bought games worth 120 bucks then 3 weeks later and the games are gone then when i look at the titles on eshop it tells me to re buy it again and now there goes 120 bucks

Did you try to re-download them from the Nintendo eShop?

MARIO 3,191 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
Jul 1, 2013 1:25 PM in response to: MEGAMARIO24246

The games shouldn't go away on their own. If your system got exchanged, or your Nintendo Network ID account got deleted, it may explain it. If you have more information it may be helpful, or you can email Nintendo or call them at 1-800-255-3700.

MOTOXBOY 1 posts since
May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 6:26 PM in response to: SHAWNTAIL

I feel very sorry for you but when it comes to Nintendo they are great! They are very grea!! I have never had a problem with NOA. (Nintendo of America) And I still have my ROB from my 8-bit Nintendo system. The only problem I am having with nintendo is that my Return to Ravenhurst game did not appear on my club account. I called them and they are working on it. They said it did not get entered into their gaming system as a new title. But they are taking care of it. Nintendo always takes care of its customers. I hate to say it but I would say your so called friend messed your system up! I am so sorry to here this happen to you! It is just my option.But never give out your systems or passwords out to anyone period...Motoxboy05

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)