Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,963 Views 1 Reply Last post: Mar 7, 2013 7:52 PM by GLACIUSX25
RSS
REKLINO-NEEDS-HELP 2 posts since
Mar 7, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 7, 2013 7:30 PM

Copy 3DS downloaded game save file to another 3DS?

Hi all. My super awesome girlfriend (she made my type that) had a 3DS with a downloaded copy of fire emblem that we have been taking turns playing for the past 2 weeks. I have a good 15 plus hours on that game. She bought me a new 3DS for my birthday today went ahead and opened it and bought Fire Emblem for me on my new 3DS. Therefore making her super awesome. She did this thinking that we could somehow transfer the save data from her sd card to my sd card. However, we can't seem to get this to work. I'm aware that we could transfer her data to my 3ds, but that would in turn erase all her data and we would only have copy of fire emblem.

We have two copies of the game purchased. We have saves on her SD card. Why wouldn't nintendo allow for an easy way to copy saves like they have in the past with their gamecube and wii systems. We assumed it would work the same way the wii worked using the SD card for saves. Any insight into this situation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

GLACIUSX25 2,009 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 7, 2013 7:52 PM in response to: REKLINO-NEEDS-HELP
Re: Copy 3DS downloaded game save file to another 3DS?

Probably because the SD card's main purpose on the 3DS is not to hold saves.

Gamecube and Wii used memory cards/SD cards for save file storage. The 3DS uses it for extra data and for the games themselves.

Because 3DS games (normally) save onto a cartridge, the downloaded versions save directly to the game itself, there is no separation between game and save file.

So you are stuck. There is no way to transfer save files digitally.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)