Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,369 Views 10 Replies Last post: Mar 18, 2013 4:50 PM by ROMANOS-TOMATO
RSS
ROMANOS-TOMATO 6 posts since
Mar 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2013 7:54 PM

3DS D-pad stuck on up

Today after school I came home and turned on Fire Emblem. During the middle of the battle, I noticed the screen kept scrolling up. Annoyed, I shut off my 3DS and turned it back on. I went to my messages, scrolled down with my stylus and without touching anything noticed how the menu still kept scrolling up! I went to the system settings to reset my control pad, but it was working fine. Which makes me to believe that something is wrong with my d-pad. I tried cleaning it with a tooth brush as directed, but it didn't work.

I'm very upset. I had my 3DS for 2 years now and it's been working perfectly fine! This sudden error came randomly.

My warranty is long expired and i don't feel it's worth sending it to Nintendo to fix (it seems pretty pricey to do so). It also seems like such a little problem. I don't understand why it's not working. I've taken such good care of it and everything about it is perfect except for this one flaw which only happened about 5 hours ago.

I honestly don't what to do! I want to ask if this is a common problem and if anyone knows of a soultion how to solve it.

EARTHBOUND33 2,270 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Mar 14, 2013 10:05 PM in response to: ROMANOS-TOMATO
Re: 3DS D-pad stuck on up

this is definitely not a common problem for the 3DS atleast. unfortunately, aside from calibrating it and trying to get any debris out of it, the only other option is to send it in for a repair. call nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 to set one up.

MARIOGOLFER777 2,329 posts since
Jul 11, 2012
Mar 15, 2013 3:21 AM in response to: ROMANOS-TOMATO

Repairs are only around $75, so it's much less than buying a new system.

Jul 11, 2012
Mar 18, 2013 4:06 PM in response to: ROMANOS-TOMATO

Well, here is what is transferred in the process:

What Is Transferred During the System Transfer Process?

Answer:

Applies To: Transfer From Nintendo 3DS

Answer

For the most part, information on the target system (system being transferred to) will be overwritten by the information on the source system (system being transferred from). See below for specific details, or click here for more information:

• All content downloaded via the eShop on both systems (DSiWare, Ambassador games and status, 3DS Downloadable software, etc) will be combined together onto the target system.
  •  

• After the transfer is complete, titles will be available to re-download from the Nintendo eShop on the target system.
    •  

• Any game data that is duplicated on both systems is overwritten by the data on the source system.
    •  

• Any games and funds purchased with the Nintendo eShop will no longer be playable on the system they were transferred from.
    •  

• The eShop balance from both systems is combined together. (Total amount cannot exceed $200 or the transfer will be canceled.)
  •  

• Data associated with any pre-installed software or applications (Face Raiders, Streetpass Mii Plaza, etc). Only the data associated with the source system is retained.
  •  

• Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.
    •  

• These titles are stored on the SD card of the target system, so if the SD card is switched out, formatted, or removed, the title will need to be redownloaded after the transfer is complete. (How to)
    •  

• Photos, Videos, and Sound files
  •  

• Any photo and sound files that exist on the target system’s internal memory will be overwritten. However, photo and sound files saved to the target system’s SD Card are still retained.
    •  

• System Settings from the source system (Parental Controls, Internet settings, etc)
  •  

• Save data associated to DSiWare and Nintendo 3DS Downloads
  •  

• The WFC ID associated to DS online games.
  •  

• Friend List data.
  •  

• Swapnote data, including unique stationary.
  •  

Was this information helpful?
Yes
No
So yes, Awakening will likely be transferred.
Jul 11, 2012
Mar 18, 2013 4:30 PM in response to: ROMANOS-TOMATO

If you're asking about after the transfer, you put the SD card from the Source 3DS into the Target 3DS.

I have 90+ hours on Kid Icarus Uprising!

Jul 11, 2012
Mar 18, 2013 4:40 PM in response to: ROMANOS-TOMATO

I totally agree. My friend got me into it! The Boss mode is so hard!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)