Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
22,229 Views 7 Replies Last post: May 20, 2010 11:44 AM by BLUESCAPE
RSS
7 posts since
May 17, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 17, 2010 8:32 PM

WII MOTION CURSOR OR HAND DOES NOT SHOW ON BOTH REMOTES

dear helpers,

i have been through the help tips on the wii remote problems in general questions but the wii remotes still don't work. i have re synced it, tapped it gently, switched it off and on, made sure i was at reasonable distance away from the sensor bar which is below the tv. tried to change the position of the sensor bar..it was working fine the day before but the next day it stopped working. till now. i am playing animal crossing and i've already missed a day. this is why im a requesting for effective help from all of you, i hope you regard my request.

thank you

bluescape

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 18, 2010 2:48 PM in response to: BLUESCAPE
Re: WII MOTION CURSOR OR HAND DOES NOT SHOW ON BOTH REMOTES

Try looking at the Sensor Bar (when the Wii console is powered on) with a digital or mobile phone camera, as if you do not see any lights on either end, that could be the problem and would mean that your sensor bar is defective in some way.:)

Apr 1, 2010
May 19, 2010 3:57 PM in response to: BLUESCAPE

BLUESCAPE  wrote:

oh i made the hand appear again by liting two candles its enough to help me with the days i missed in animal crossing thanks for the help though

Both the lack of lights reported in your previous post and using candles making the Wii Remote work again confirms a defective Sensor Bar.

And it would be both safer and cheaper to just purchase another Sensor Bar from the Nintendo Online Store for $7.50 U.S., then having to constantly replace the candles, which would end up costing a lot more them that if you spend hours and hours with your "City Folk" neighbours and/or online.

Apr 1, 2010
May 20, 2010 9:37 AM in response to: BLUESCAPE

BLUESCAPE  wrote:

dear expert,

lol very true but purchasing online is as dangerous as leaving candles in a room near flammable things if it is possible for me to buy another one what would you advise me to do to keep the new sensor bar from damaging again? flashlights work too as well as any other infrared component tv remotes are a possible component but you would have to press buttons so the wii mote detects it so its pretty much out of the question found this information on wikipedia and youtube i hope you can spread this to other users if they experience the same thing as well as give the alternative of just buying another one

bluescape

While it is true that buying online can be a risky adventure, since you are buying directly from Nintendo, that greatly lessens the risk since they are a company that can be trusted and if a problems develops with shipping and/or a defective product, you can be guaranteed that Nintendo will help you and not ignore your problem like other online merchants might do.

Plus, the Nintendo Online Shop (and Wii and DSi Shops) uses the same type of security encryption as banks and other financial/government institutions use, so any credit card information is completely safe,when making any transactions.:)

But if you still do not wish to purchase online, most major electronic or vidoe game stores usually carry in stock the sensor bar, or they can easily order one for you.:)

And as "to keep the new sensor bar from damaging again", well, the failure rate of the sensor bar is extremely low since all it really is is just a light source with so few parts, but the cable can be damaged by a family pet chewing on it, or repeatedly being walked on or tripped over yanking it out of the console, or in other ways that extremely bend the cable.

And yes, flashlights do work, but then you have the added expense like using candles (without the fire danger), as the cost of batteries can quickly add up, or even the cost of rechargeables (plus electricity), if you do not have any and have to purchase them and a recharging stand, so really one way or another, purchasing a new sensor bar in my opinion is a far cheaper and simpler solution.:)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)