Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
43,757 Views 17 Replies Last post: Jun 25, 2013 1:20 PM by GLACIUSX25
RSS
4 posts since
May 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 29, 2010 9:37 AM

Wii won't play games anymore!

I first noticed this problem when I tried to play Super Mario Galaxy 2. When trying to play the game by selecting start from the Wii menu, the screen turned black and nothing responded. I was able to fix this problem at first by unplugging the Wii and plugging it back in, but the problem kept occurring. Now the Wii won't play games at all! I tried a few other games besides Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I get the same results. My Wii is fully updated, and its warranty is long gone. Is anyone else having a similar problem, or has anyone ever heard of this? If so, is there any solution to this problem?

1 posts since
May 30, 2010
May 30, 2010 2:42 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN
Re: Wii won't play games anymore!

We've experienced the same problem with Super Mario Galaxy 2.  Wii wouldn't recognize it. After a couple of attempts, we got an error message. Tried another game and now get the same error message.  Appears our Wii may now be damaged. Wondering if it is related to the new game.

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
May 30, 2010 3:07 PM in response to: EMLINK

Have you tried using the Wii lens cleaner? It might be possible that the Wii can not read the disc.

1 posts since
May 30, 2010
May 30, 2010 9:29 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

Having the exact same issue. Installed the update for SMG2, and now I get either a black screen with the "An Error Has Occurred" or the standard "Disc Cannot Be Read" message. I got the game to start once, and the disc could not be read as I was setting up the save file.

Other games produce the same result. Looks like this is not a unique issue.

AUTOSAVER1 635 posts since
Apr 2, 2010
May 31, 2010 1:23 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

Oof

Its probably time to get it repaired.

32 posts since
Jun 5, 2010
Jun 6, 2010 2:50 AM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

just buy a new wii

2 posts since
Jun 21, 2010
Jun 21, 2010 7:52 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

We've experienced the same problem, after trying to play SMG2 - none of our disks will work. Our warranty is up also, which is a bummer as it's only about 2 years old! Wish I had known the shelf-life for Wii was so short, may have gone a different route and saved a lot of money from purchasing games for the kiddos to play.

1 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Jun 22, 2010 2:26 AM in response to: UAHOGS23

We are having this problem as well. I first noticed it after installing netflicks disk, will call tech support tommorow as kids are driving me nuts!!!

2 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Jun 22, 2010 5:39 AM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

we have the same problem....my son got super mario galaxy 2 for his birthday a week ago, played fine for a few days & now all of a sudden the wii won't play anything.  this has happened once before, when we got super smash brothers, they eventually admitted the problem & fixed the wii. but don't think we should have to resend the wii in to be fixed every time we get a new game to play!!

2 posts since
Jul 15, 2010
Jul 15, 2010 8:14 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

I'm having this problem too!!  Like others here, it only started recently (after playing Super Mario Galaxy 2). Is there anyone we can contact (like as a group) to help show it's a real issue?

4 posts since
Dec 29, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 5:56 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

Same here with Just Dance 2 and Epic Mickey.  Nintendo has really screwed this up and has all the ear markings of a failed update.  Demand they fix it.  Tweet it, Facebook it and demand satisfaction.

76 posts since
May 29, 2010
Dec 31, 2010 8:34 AM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

man, if its just the white, i think you should save up for a black or red. sorry for your wii.

5 posts since
Dec 31, 2010
Dec 31, 2010 12:32 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

Same problem is occuring to all of us. My theory / someone else's guess is that, some of the games or newly released games [DK/Kirby/Black Ops] are stressing out the laser that reads the disc.

An example with my Wii is that when I play Black Ops, ever since last month. Multiplayer always so-called "Overclocks" the laser apparently making it stressed out then eventually burns out or breaks. As it has happened today, I'm really suprised that I'm not the only one having the problem at the same day as everyone elses.

ILUVKIWIBIRD 1 posts since
Jun 25, 2013
Jun 25, 2013 12:50 PM in response to: GUNSTAR_HERO_GREEN

it won't play any games on my wii either I don't know if it is smg2 or what it went out on september 7th 2012 as far as i went into it and i agree we should get free repairs or whatever and action replasys broke 5 of my ds'

GLACIUSX25 2,038 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Jun 25, 2013 1:20 PM in response to: ILUVKIWIBIRD

Please don't bump old topics unless you have something else to add.

And just to note: Action Replay devices are not licensed or endorsed by Nintendo so any breakage of your systems because of it, does not leave Nintendo responsible.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)