Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,300 Views 7 Replies Last post: May 7, 2013 4:56 PM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
MINOMAGNUS 6 posts since
May 7, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 7, 2013 7:47 AM

Streetpass Mii Plaza data transfer ONLY!

Having spent money to get a Zelda 3DS I did not think to buy a 3DS XL. Unfortunately, fate decided it was time for an upgrade since the R button stopped working on my zelda 3ds :-( I wanted to get it repaired, but nintendo wanted $100 just to repair a button. I figured for that much money, I may as well just buy a brand new product and join the 3DS XL club.

I purchased the 3DS XL and know that i can transfer all of my eshop, saves, and streetpass mii plaza data using the 3ds to 3ds transfer utility available on the console itself.

Since i like to be difficult:

I was wondering if it is possible to transfer ONLY the Streetpass Mii Plaza data ONLY?

I already completed find mii 2, most of the puzzles, and collected all of the hats, so I wanted to start on a clean slate and start all over again on the streetpass mii plaza, while still retaining the completed plaza on my old 3ds. I can't just start from scratch on the new 3ds since i want to have my eshop information and (more importantly) all of my purchases on my new 3ds.

This would involve me: 1). doing a system transfer to the xl from 3ds 2). copy over mii plaza data/progress to the 3DS from the XL 3). deleting mii plaza data/progress on the XL

(so step 1 and 3 are possible, just need the 2...)

This is not within the normal scope of the 3ds, so i was wondering if there are any creative people out there who know of a way that this may be possible.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,743 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
May 7, 2013 1:09 PM in response to: MINOMAGNUS
Re: Streetpass Mii Plaza data transfer ONLY!

Sorry, but that's not something that can be done. All data on a Nintendo 3DS system is transferred when you perform a Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS System Transfer, and you can't divide data between systems.

Mar 29, 2011
May 7, 2013 1:21 PM in response to: MINOMAGNUS

If a person loses their Nintendo 3DS, the only way they can re-obtain their previously purchased Nintendo eShop games and content is to purchase them again. Nintendo eShop accounts are tied to the Nintendo 3DS system itself, not an online account.

Mar 29, 2011
May 7, 2013 1:31 PM in response to: MINOMAGNUS

Do remember though that there may be exceptions to the rules in some cases, such as loss of the system due to theft or natural disasters. Perhaps in a later update for the Nintendo 3DS, it will be possible to choose which data is sent to another system when performing a System Transfer.

Mar 29, 2011
May 7, 2013 4:56 PM in response to: MINOMAGNUS

One of the reasons that tying the Nintendo eShop account to the Nintendo 3DS system itself instead of an online account is done is to prevent game-sharing and pirating of games purchased from the Nintendo eShop, so that's not very likely to happen.

Anyways though, at the current point in time, there is no way to transfer only your StreetPass Mii Plaza data to another Nintendo 3DS.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)