Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,629 Views 11 Replies Last post: May 18, 2013 11:47 PM by GLACIUSX25
RSS
GREEN_THUNDER 14 posts since
Mar 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2013 7:08 PM

Information on 3DS transfers...

I am going to be buying an Ambassador 3DS and was wondering if I can transfer that 3DS's data to my own which already contains data on it.  I am fine with redownloading games on my own 3DS, as long as my save data is kept intact.  I really just want to be sure I can transfer the ambassador games to my own 3DS without anything important being erased from it.

NIGHTFIRE5 3,726 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
May 12, 2013 8:02 PM in response to: GREEN_THUNDER
Re: Information on 3DS transfers...

I understand what you're trying to do, but in order for that to work correctly without erasing any of your data, you would have to transfer your Nintendo 3DS system to the Ambassador System, wait the one week between transfers, and then transfer the data on the Ambassador System back to your original system. Simply performing a transfer from the Ambassador System to your system would cause all of the data on the Ambassador System to overwrite all data on your system except for the Nintendo eShop account.

Mar 29, 2011
May 12, 2013 8:26 PM in response to: GREEN_THUNDER

Yes, every bit of data that is on the Ambassador System would overwrite all of the data on your system. StreetPass Mii Plaza, Mii Maker, downloaded game content, your friend's list, all of it, except for the Nintendo eShop account, as Nintendo eShop accounts are combined when a transfer occurs. By performing a system transfer from your system to the Ambassador System, all of your data will overwrite the data on Ambassador System, and since Nintendo eShop accounts are combined, you'll still have access to the Ambassador Program games. Then, a week later, you simply perform another transfer to send what's on the Ambassador System back to your original system, and now you have all everything compiled onto your system.

Mar 29, 2011
May 12, 2013 8:37 PM in response to: GREEN_THUNDER

That should be how it works. In this case, for the first step, your Nintendo 3DS would be called the "Source System", while the Ambassador System would be called the "Target System". Data that is on the Source System overwrites data that is on the Target System.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ht_apps.jsp?menu=transfer%20games&submenu=ctr-ht-software-transfer

^That link there should tell you everything about the system transfer process. You should read through it fully and carefully.

MARIO 3,248 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
May 13, 2013 3:27 AM in response to: GREEN_THUNDER

The big limit I would keep in mind is that there is a limit of 5 total transfers, so transferring to the ambassador system and back would use up two. I'd keep that in mind if you think there's a chance you may want to perform more transfers in the future.

GLACIUSX25 2,044 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
May 18, 2013 11:47 PM in response to: GREEN_THUNDER

GREEN_THUNDER  wrote:

Well, I did the transfer.  It DOES in fact wipe all save data, Streetpass data, etc.  There goes my Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and all my Virtual Console games' data...  At least I know that I beat them all, and that's all that really matters... but all the hours I put into it were lost...  If anyone attempts to do what I did, do what the other users told me to do, transfer to the Ambassador 3DS and then back to your own a week later.

Well just to correct you, it only deletes save data if you have DIGITAL games.

If you have a physical copy of Luigi's Mansion, for example, and transfer, your save data is still there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)