Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
8,215 Views 6 Replies Last post: Nov 19, 2014 9:14 PM by KILLTROCITY
RSS
RINZEE12 2 posts since
May 18, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 18, 2013 11:35 AM

Cannot purchase eshop funds with Visa debit card

Hello,

I recently purchased a 3DSXL and was trying to purchase a title on the eshop using a Visa debit card (from TD bank in Canada). I tried adding funds with the card several times making sure that I entered the correct card number/security code/postal code, but each time I got the error 005-6515 saying that the card information was incorrect.

Since the support site suggests that this might be caused by billing address errors, I called my bank and they confirmed that the postal code I entered matched the one on the billing address, and that the card should work fine with online retailers.

Any ideas?

DIPPER01234 63 posts since
May 16, 2013
May 18, 2013 2:20 PM in response to: RINZEE12
Re: Cannot purchase eshop funds with Visa debit card

some depet cards dont work on eshop or maybe u have no money in the bank

GLACIUSX25 2,069 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
May 18, 2013 3:04 PM in response to: DIPPER01234

DIPPER01234  wrote:

some depet cards dont work on eshop or maybe u have no money in the bank

I doubt that's the reason, seeing as he said it's a Visa card (And eShop takes Visa or Mastercard, plus I use a Visa debit). And having no money in the bank wouldn't prevent him from using the card at all.

Is your region set to Canada for the eShop?

DIPPER01234 63 posts since
May 16, 2013
May 18, 2013 4:22 PM in response to: GLACIUSX25

awl u took my thunder XD

ONE-OF-THREE 6,374 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
May 18, 2013 6:12 PM in response to: RINZEE12

RINZEE12  wrote:

Yep, the region is set to Canada. The province is set correctly too.

Unfortunately, but it is likely that we can't really help you with this, as it would probably require asking and you revealing personal information, which is not allowed to be revealed here, so it would be faster for you to give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, and one of the service representatives can go over your personal/credit card information to figure out what the problem is, sorry.

KILLTROCITY 4 posts since
Oct 5, 2014
Nov 19, 2014 9:14 PM in response to: RINZEE12

Having the same problem. I've tried two different Visa cards from different banks (TCF and Chase) and the same error message comes up. I was going to download the original Super Smash Bros, but it's really not worth the hassle at this point. Why isn't there a method to add points via the internet? It's frustrating to enter the same information repeatedly with the pointer. And while the point cards may be an option, I don't see why I should have to go hunt one down or pay to have one shipped (assuming they're still in production)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)