Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
2,506 Views 3 Replies Last post: May 20, 2013 12:58 PM by MARIO
RSS
NOVARIOUS 2 posts since
May 20, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 20, 2013 12:46 PM

Trouble Connecting to Wifi on 3DS

So I got my 3DS about a month ago (about April 28th) and when I first got it I was able to connect to the Internet fine and access the eShop.  I tried doing it for a week or so and then didn't try it ever since.  Well I went out of town this past weekend (I live in CA and went to CO to visit family) and tried hooking it up to the internet and realized that my previous connections were missing.  I hooked it up to the wifi there and was not able to connect to anything online.  I now came back home and tried setting it up to go back onto the eShop and still nothing is working.

I tried changing the router, changing the broadcast channel as well as the DMZ.  Nothing I do is working and it is really starting to get frustrated.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated on how to fix this problem.

MARIO 3,040 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
May 20, 2013 12:48 PM in response to: NOVARIOUS
Re: Trouble Connecting to Wifi on 3DS

If you are getting an error code, posting it may be helpful.

MARIO 3,040 posts since
Apr 7, 2010
May 20, 2013 12:58 PM in response to: NOVARIOUS
Re: Trouble Connecting to Wifi on 3DS

I'd try resetting the router first to rule that out. If not, I'd try seeing if changing the key to something else (using WPA2-PSK (AES) security would be the best) helps (remembering that WPA keys are case-sensitive.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)