Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
14,162 Views 2 Replies Last post: Aug 24, 2010 6:26 AM by NIXEL
RSS
1 posts since
Jun 12, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 12, 2010 4:06 PM

Wii corrupted Gamecube Memory Card/Card will not FORMAT!!!!

ok, somehow my Wii system corrupted everything on my memory card so every game tells me my data is corrupted, but even when i format the data for each game, it tells me its corrupted the next time i play (ironically, its a nintendo card, not a 3rd party card...). Plus, i read here on nintendo.com that you can format your whole card at once by going to the memory card screen and a alert box will tell you your card is corrupted, but mine doesn't pop up... so any help would be greatly appreciated cuz im getting aggravated with being forced to start a new game everytime

ONE-OF-THREE 4,766 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 14, 2010 6:55 PM in response to: EZHOOPS
Re: Wii corrupted Gamecube Memory Card/Card will not FORMAT!!!!

Unfortunately, but even though it is a official Nintendo memory card, it could still become defective due to age or repeatedly use and may need to be replaced, sorry.

But before you go out and purchase another memory card, perhaps you should borrow another GameCube memory card from a friend or family member to test on your Wii console to see if it will also become corrupted, as that will tell you if it is a problem with your card or in the remote chance that it is your Wii console that may be the problem and is unable to read or rewrite the saved data on the memory card correctly.

NIXEL 91 posts since
Aug 14, 2010
Aug 24, 2010 6:26 AM in response to: EZHOOPS
Re: Wii corrupted Gamecube Memory Card/Card will not FORMAT!!!!

Well, you could format it by going onto a game and it suggests to format. But you don't want to format it? So you need a different card that doesn't do this. It is a good idea to check with another memory card, but doing it with a friends and it becomes corrupt would be a loss for the friend. But anyways, check if it is the consoles fault. Maybe you could use one that isn't used anymore from a friend, then it wouldn't be such a loss.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)