Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
7,368 Views 2 Replies Last post: Sep 28, 2014 11:32 AM by YOSHIOSCODER
RSS
NINTENDOFREAK256 22 posts since
Jul 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 7, 2013 8:09 PM

Few questions about charging the Wii U Gamepad

I havthe Wii U Gamepad charger plugged into an outlet behind a heavy closet, so it's a lot of work trying to plug;unplug it. Therefore, I always have it plugged into a power socket and the other end to the gamepad cradle (FYI I got the deluxe set). Now.....

1. Is it ok to keep the Wii U GamePad on the charging cradle even after its battery is full?

2. Whenever the gamepad is done charging, the LED gos off. However, when I lift it from the cradle and put in down again, the LED turns orange again for a couple minutes before the LED goes off again. I did this quite a few times, so should I worry?

3. Whenever I am using the GamePad, I take it off the cradle while the charger is still plugged into the wall outlet. Is that ok to do? Where in the world does the power go to when there isn't a GamePad battery to charge? I am worried that this isn't a good idea......

Thanks in advance!

THECLEANLPGUY20 1 posts since
Aug 10, 2013
Aug 10, 2013 3:13 PM in response to: NINTENDOFREAK256
Re: Few questions about charging the Wii U Gamepad

I will try to explain what is going on as best I can.

When the AC adaptoor is plugged into the wall electricity is "stalled," basically it is waiting for a connection, the gamepad. But if the gamepad is set down on the cradle, or plugged in, while the adaptor is plugged into the outlet, the gamepad will experience an electrical spike when placed on the cradle, because of the "resting" electricity that will instantly flow through to the gamepad. If you plug in the AC adaptor after the gamepad is placed on the cradle, the electricity will gradually increase at a steady rate, this is less harmful, because the gamepad is allowed time to "adjust" to the electricity.

Keeping the gamepad on the charging cradle at all times, while its plugged into the wall, may damage it slightly, however that aspect I am not so knowledgable about.

I believe the orange light comes on because it is "charging" but when it "realizes" the battery is full, the light turns off, ending the charge. However electricity may still be leaking into the gamepad's battery, this may cause damage, as I said above, still I amnot 100% certain this fact is true.

YOSHIOSCODER 14 posts since
Jun 21, 2014
Sep 28, 2014 11:32 AM in response to: THECLEANLPGUY20
Re: Few questions about charging the Wii U Gamepad

bump

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)