Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
6,243 Views 7 Replies Last post: Oct 25, 2013 11:40 AM by LAMDAPRO200
RSS
ZOEROSS 2 posts since
Aug 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2013 9:53 PM

Error code 150-1031 on multiple games (everyone read!)

Hello everyone,

I've bought and owned every Nintendo system since the Origional NES with my hard earned money as my parents wouldn't buy video games for me. So yea I'm a Nintendo fan boy. But if they are going to screw people over because of poor hardware and design, I'll stand in line and watch them burn!

I'm now getting this error on AC3, Batman Armored edition, Nintendo Land, SuperMario U, and just now on a brand new Pikmen 3. This is a hardware problem on Nintendo's side and they need to fix it.

I live and work in Silicon Vally, CA, USA and I've had several table lunch discussions about this issue of Nintendo pushing this back onto developers saying its their fault. Well fact of the matter is Nintendo is using a none standard disk format they are responsible for. The fact that they are trying to cover this up by not acknowledging its a basic level machine code is preposterous and stupid on their part.

All my games are in perfect NEW condition and have only been played a couple of times each. Pikmen 3 just got opened today 8/9/2013. My batman disk has only been in the system once to play for an hour and now not working.

Looking at the increase of the number of reports for this specific error in the last year, It looks like the level of this error has reached over 5000 people in just the USA alone and thats through just casual sorting of google searches. If these errors continue to increase its showing a design flaw in the WiiU and Nintendo will be open to a very large class action lawsuit.

So everyone at this point needs to file a case with Nintendo, get the case number, and if Nintendo doesn't fix this issue and it continues, I'll be the first to sign up for the lawsuit.

Nintendo USA,

Please tell your parent company, that if this goes big, its going to be the last nail in the Nintendo console coffin. As Nintendo never has top hardware specs, but they have always had rock solid systems till now. Nintendo can't afford to pull a Microsoft by releasing buggy hardware. This needs to be addressed honorably and respectfully.

Thank you,

1 Nintendo FanBoy!

NYAN-A-TONIC 12 posts since
Dec 19, 2012
Aug 10, 2013 4:02 AM in response to: ZOEROSS
Re: Error code 150-1031 on multiple games (everyone read!)

Well, I never seen any mention of this in your complaint, but did you "update your system" recently?

LIPGLOSSJUNKIE 1 posts since
Aug 14, 2013
Aug 14, 2013 1:52 PM in response to: ZOEROSS

We are having the same error code on one disc at this time. The disc is clean and with no blemishes, scratches or other defects.

I called Nintendo after much research on the Internet of the error code and was told to update machine (Wii U). The machine was up to date.

They told me to delete file associated with the game (lego city undercover) in data management. I did. To no avail. The file did not have an update file to delete, only a user file. They offered their repair service for $30 plus postage. This would put me at the same price to buy a new disc or download of the game.

Not sure this can be resolved other than buying it again at $50.

SCOTTJF23 1 posts since
Sep 27, 2013
Sep 27, 2013 7:22 PM in response to: LIPGLOSSJUNKIE

LEGO City: Undercover is my first Wii U game to do this. I was playing it one night recently, and in the middle of playing it did a hard freeze. Upon taking the disc out, there were two small (very small) blemishes/marks on the disc, but nothing that should be an issue.

I have since played it some more, without it freezing up, but now the "Error Code: 150-1031" is happening quite often. No matter how many times I wipe the disc with a cleaning cloth, it doesn't matter.

This is either something with the discs themselves I believe, or with the Wii U laser just not reading certain games properly apparently. With how Nintendo changed out the discs for the Wii U to a new rounded edge, I wonder if it could be something in manufacturing that is causing higher defective discs?

The game is less than 3 months old that I'm using, so they'll have to replace it. Which is what I'm doing on Monday when I call them, because this shouldn't be such an apparent widespread issue.

POGOWHAT 4 posts since
Oct 2, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 4:20 PM in response to: ZOEROSS

I just purchased the Zelda WiiU bundle, and I'm having this same problem with the only WiiU games I have. Both games are scratch and scuff free.

On Super Mario Bros I can't get past the main title screen, and on Monster Hunter 3, I can't get past the first village.

It has happened before and after doing system updates. All my original Wii games seem to work fine, but not the WiiU games. I have deleted my data for each individual game and still had it freeze up and show this error 150-1031.

ZAPPADEVILDAWG 1 posts since
Oct 22, 2013
Oct 22, 2013 8:40 PM in response to: ZOEROSS

I own Zombie U and Nintendoland and both of those discs work find.  I've rented Pickman and Monster Hunter 3 from Gamefly and Picman worked fine but Monster Hunter won't event get past the title screen before saying dirty disc.  I sent it back for another disc from gamefly and the 2nd disc does the exact same thing.  Gives me 150-1031 error even though the disc is perfectly clean.  Don't know what to do.  My system reads other games so not the system and I've tried two different copies of the same game which both discs look flawless, so apparently it has to do with firmware or something towards that particular game title.  Honestly I don't expect much help from Nintendo on this matter, I doubt they even read these support forums.

LAMDAPRO200 1 posts since
Oct 25, 2013
Oct 25, 2013 11:40 AM in response to: ZOEROSS
My Issue Resolved

Had the same thing happend to my sons Lego City Undercover game last night. Called WiiU tech support and they just issued me a repair tag to send our game in for a a new one at no cost. Was pretty easy and they were very helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)