Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
12,470 Views 5 Replies Last post: Aug 22, 2013 2:49 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
ANGELOCARINO 3 posts since
Aug 15, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2013 12:17 AM

Wii will not turn on. AC Adapter reset not working

Hello, i need help with my wii. My sister and her neice were recently grounded from playing the wii. so i unplugged it(i think when it was on standby,orange) and boxed it into storage. A couple of days later, i brought it out to play it but it would not turn on. i have been looking everywhere for a fix and all i get were the ac adapter reset technique. i even tried replacing the CR2032 3v battery but both tricks did not work. i am all out of ideas so lastly, i am making my own question to the web and hopefully someone can help me

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Aug 15, 2013 5:53 AM in response to: ANGELOCARINO
Re: Wii will not turn on. AC Adapter reset not working

When you plug the Wii in, is the red light coming on on the power button? If not, then there's no power getting to your Wii, and it's either an issue with the AC Adapter you're using or the outlet you have it plugged into. If the red light is lit up on the power button, and you're Wii is not turning on, then it is likely an issue with the Wii itself and would probably need to be repaired to get fixed. If the Wii is getting power, make sure you have tried turning the console on from a Wii remote and from the power button on the console itself.

E-DUDNETNIN 465 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Aug 20, 2013 6:29 AM in response to: ANGELOCARINO

It could very well be an issue with the Wii then, as it sounds like it's not getting any power to it. If that's the case, then a repair is likely the only option to getting it fixed.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,238 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 22, 2013 2:49 PM in response to: ANGELOCARINO

ANGELOCARINO  wrote:

Alright, another problem I forgot to mention. When i put it into storage, i left the CD, SSBB, in the wii. By any chance, did the game break the wii? I live in a small island somewhere in the Pacific, so shipping to any Nintendo techs or looking for a system repair person is difficult.

While it is not a good idea to leave a video game disc inserted into the console, doing so isn't likely to damage the Wii console so that it will no longer power up, it's is more likely that the disc would get scratched as the console is moved around.

And unfortunately, but here at Nintendo of America, they really only repair products for those that live in North America, so perhaps if you are unable to call Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number  due to your local phone company charging you long distance fees, it might be best to use their webform as a way to contact Nintendo, and they can give you information on a repair facility in your area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)