Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
4,107 Views 5 Replies Last post: Jan 30, 2014 8:00 AM by ASHWINX
RSS
SUPERMOUTON 2 posts since
Aug 25, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 25, 2013 9:07 AM

Cartridge pops out by itself (3DS XL)

Hello,

Just as the title says. I was playing Ocarina of Time 3D when all of a sudden the cartridge just popped out to the floor. Has this happened to anyone before? The console and game are 1 week old. Thankfully I had just started playing this time but what if I had been saving the game? Scaring thought. What should I do about that? Trade the console in? Would I lose all of my configuration? This is the first time I see a spring based cartridge setup just eject itself... Maybe it's the way I hold the console but I didn't do anything weird. The cartridge has been inside for maybe 3-4 days too and I've played a lot so I don't think it was misplaced...

Thank you, I'm just looking first to see if I'm the only one with this problem. North american console and game...

DSLITE7 535 posts since
May 29, 2010
Aug 25, 2013 12:44 PM in response to: SUPERMOUTON
Re: Cartridge pops out by itself (3DS XL)

I haven't really heard of this happening.  You would have to push down on the game cart in some way for the game card to be released.  Was the 3DS bumped around at all?

If not, I'd call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and see what they say.  The console may need a repair, but since you just bought it, the repair will be free.

DSLITE7 535 posts since
May 29, 2010
Aug 25, 2013 5:27 PM in response to: SUPERMOUTON

You're quite welcome.   Like you said, the warranty ends after a year from the purchase date, plus it is extended if you register it on Club Nintendo.  However, I'm not sure if you have to register the PIN or the serial number to get the extended warranty.

DACOTAH1 1 posts since
Sep 21, 2013
Sep 21, 2013 8:51 PM in response to: SUPERMOUTON

Mine does the same thing, and no, it isn't getting pushed down like someone suggested.  It only happens with 3ds carts, dsi carts do not do this.  I've noticed some "play" or "slop" that allows the cart to move out about 1/10", once this happens and if you slide your finger over the cart it will fly out on its own.  My 3dsXL is two weeks old so I'm well within warranty.  Poor manufacturing is what I chalk it up to.

ASHWINX 1 posts since
Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 8:00 AM in response to: SUPERMOUTON

Did you ever find out what was causing it?  I've owned my 3DS XL for about a week now, and I also have noticed that sometimes the cartridge pops out on its own.  (It's happened twice.)  I'm hoping it's not a repair issue, and there is a simple explaination.  (Because I'm so obsessed with Fire Emblem Awakening right now, I don't want to have to send my system in for repair, lol.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)