Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
5,576 Views 3 Replies Last post: Sep 24, 2013 11:55 PM by AKZMFREEMAN
RSS
EISENFAUST 3 posts since
May 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 20, 2013 6:36 PM

Pokemon B2/W2 infrared not working on 3DS

Hi,

A friend of mine decided to upgrade to a 3DS recently and we wanted to battle on Pokemon B2/W2. When we do infared, it says connecting and then just hangs. While I thought the wireless card might be bad, we checked and his 3DS can get online and so can mine (browsed the web as well as played Mario Kart for 3DS over download play). Question: Does the 3DS have a seperate wireless card for DS/DSi games from the 3DS, or is there just some setting that we missed to get local battles going over infared?

NUKADA1 138 posts since
Apr 5, 2010
Sep 20, 2013 6:52 PM in response to: EISENFAUST
Re: Pokemon B2/W2 infrared not working on 3DS

The wireless on your 3DS has been turned off.

The infrared connection in Pokemon Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 is located inside of the game card.

If the pokemon game is started with the wireless on, but the wirless slider is turned off during gameplay, the game will think wireless is available while it is not.

Make sure that you do not turn off the wireless slider during gameplay (the little yellow light should be on).

AKZMFREEMAN 93 posts since
Jul 6, 2012
Sep 24, 2013 11:55 PM in response to: EISENFAUST
Re: Pokemon B2/W2 infrared not working on 3DS

That is odd. The infrared sensors are at the top of the game card. The 3DS has an infrared sensor, but it is not used in this situation. Try to link up in the Union Room. If that doesn't work, you have a problem. If it does, make sure you put both game cards directly in front of each other to connect.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)