Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
40,689 Views 5 Replies Last post: Dec 24, 2011 5:34 PM by MACHBIKER
RSS
VAMPIRE-JEKYLL 19 posts since
Jun 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 18, 2010 2:39 PM

System Files are Corrupted on Wii Message Board

Hello Nintendo Tech Support Forum users. Today I recieved a rather odd error while I was posting a memo on my Wii message board. I went to June 27th to leave myself a memo reminding me to pick up 'Sin & Punishment: Star Successor,' but as soon as I pressed the 'Post' button the screen turned black and this error message was displayed: "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." Doing as the message suggested I retrieved my Operations Manual and flipped to the troubleshooting page. I then browsed through support.nintendo.com and still could not find any info regarding this particular error, thus I have come here seeking assistance.

I should probably make note here that I encountered a similar message about a month ago, only It displayed when I first started the console. I decided to reboot my Wii and the mesage no longer appeared. It has been working perfectly fine ever since, though come to think of it I haven't recieved any messages via WiiConnect24 since then. I am positive that my lack of recieveing any new messages since then may be a result of this error. I would like to know what has happened to my Wii and what I can do to correct this problem. Thank You.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 18, 2010 3:55 PM in response to: VAMPIRE-JEKYLL
Re: System Files are Corrupted on Wii Message Board

While I haven't personally experienced it, I have read here reports from other users that sometimes they will receive a "The system files are corrupted." or similar type of error message when they have received an extremely large message through the Wii Message Board and once they delete the message, the error messages and other problems disappear.

I haven't heard or read the opposite though, where sending a message (no matter what the size) will create a similar type of situation, so it is my guess that your sending yourself that memo was just a coincidence of timing, and that just as error message occurred before, that one or more of your console system files are corrupted and a repair might be unfortunately required.

As other then perhaps updating your console firmware (4.2 is the latest) in hopes that a fresh update will overwrite the damaged or corrupted system file(s), there really isn't anyway for you to figure out which file may be the problem, nor safely do a complete system reinstall of all the system files, which may be needed and only done by a Nintendo repair technician.

So probably the best thing to do is if the corrupted error message keeps reappearing or other problems with your console begin, such as long loading times past the "Press A to continue" opening screen, or that the Channels or video games take a long time to also load among other indications of a system file problem, then give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform to contact them, and they can set up the repair process for you.

BLUEBERRY_SHYGUY 8 posts since
Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 4:07 PM in response to: VAMPIRE-JEKYLL

I've experienced this error message when particular save files are accessed, even after deleting them and creating new ones. Noticably Punch Out (Wii Disc), Tetris Party (WiiWare) and Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii Disc). Returning to the Wii Menu after these games have accessed their respective saves or generated a new one will create this message for reasons unbeknownst to me. The scariest part is recently, the system won't even boot, giving the error message "System files are corrupted" with no code number of anything (please note that my Wii is not modified in any way, shape or form as I'm against that practice)

Anyways, I found off the internet after much exhaustive searching that pressing and holding the Reset button on the Wii Console while powering on the system (with console's power button, NOT the Wii Remote) then letting go of Reset after the Health and Safety screen appears as usual seems to remedy the latter problem (experiencing the error on boot) and lets the system behave normally until the troubled applications are used again. As to why it happens to begin or why holding reset fixes it part way are both completely beyond me but give it a shot.

I wish I could work for Nintendo to help fix this bug once and for all. This is the second Wii in a row that has this problem and I hope Nintendo finds the source of the problem before it becomes an issue for the Wii U too.

Message was edited by: BLUEBERRY_SHYGUY Highlighted answer for the wise-guy regular member that's pretending to be a wanna-be mod who thinks the post was just a bump. Learn to read before butting in. That is all. Have a nice day. ;-)

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 12:55 PM in response to: BLUEBERRY_SHYGUY

Please do not bump old threads.  Also, is there a question here?

MACHBIKER 2,470 posts since
Oct 20, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 5:34 PM in response to: BLUEBERRY_SHYGUY
First of all, it does not matter to me how new you are.  I read your entire post before replying.  Your solution was perfectly fine, but it is still a bump regardless.  You can give the same information by starting a discussion and just not marking it as a question.
There was also no need call me a "wise-guy regular member that's pretending to  be a wanna-be mod."  Users often warn against bumps, as do moderators.  I'll send you a PM soon, as well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)