Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
17,334 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jun 22, 2010 3:27 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
1 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2010 11:17 AM

My Wii Auto Ejects My Games And Will Not Play Them

We have had our Wii since Christmas, and have had no problem with it up until about 3 days ago. At that time, every so often, my Wii would take my game, make a lound humming sound, eject, take it again with no help from me, make the same loud humming noise, and then eject again so it could not re-take it on its own. But after one or two tries, it would take it. At that time i thought i was playing it to much, so i thought nothing of it. Then as the days rolled on, it gradually got worse and worse, taking more and more tries for it to work. Now, as i tryed to play it today, i sat there for a half hour trying to have my Wii take my game, and it still didnt. Im wondering if its just something stupid here im missing, or is it a genuin problem. If it makes a difference, it always does it with my Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex game, most of the time with my Smackdown Vs. RAW 2010 game, some of the time with my Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galxy 1 games, but never with my Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort games.  All games iv had since christmas, and none of them have any smudges or scratches on them. Please Help!

_TANIS_ 1,713 posts since
Apr 24, 2010
Jun 22, 2010 12:43 PM in response to: PRITCHARDAM3
Re: My Wii Auto Ejects My Games And Will Not Play Them

Unfortunately it sounds as though you have an issue with your disc drive that will require a repair from Nintendo. Luckily the Wii should still be under warranty as you got it at Christmas time.

To set up a repair, either visit the troubleshooting guide and proceed until the system suggests a repair, or call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

4 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Jun 22, 2010 1:21 PM in response to: PRITCHARDAM3

YH. you probably got something stuck in your disk drive or theres just something wrong with it.

Try facing the drive downwards and shake it up and down, seriously it might work.

ONE-OF-THREE 5,925 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 22, 2010 3:27 PM in response to: NINTENDOM7

NINTENDOM7  wrote:

YH. you probably got something stuck in your disk drive or theres just something wrong with it.

Try facing the drive downwards and shake it up and down, seriously it might work.

Sorry, but that may not be the best advice, as there are moving parts inside the disc drive and by shaking the Wii console you could easily end up scratching your video game disc, or even worse, if the shake was forceful enough, you could damage some of the internal components of the console and its disc drive.

Better to be safe then sorry, so do as _TANIS_ suggested and contact Nintendo for a repair.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)