Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
2,586 Views 7 Replies Last post: Nov 12, 2013 6:44 PM by STELLER251
RSS
STELLER251 10 posts since
Nov 5, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 9, 2013 9:49 PM

Q: Difference Between Pokemon X & Y?

This new pokemon game confusses me. I want to try out this game if the pokemon x & y are that good. But here is the confussing part for me, are these two great pokemon games are different from each other by different places or landmark, get a different starter pokemon, do I meet different people/characters from both games, or are they the same game with same places, characters, pokemon, or etc.? I just wanted to know between these two. Its a little confussing for me to understand. Can someone explain to me about all this if you don't mind explaining?

NIGHTFIRE5 3,805 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 9, 2013 9:59 PM in response to: STELLER251
Re: Q: Difference Between Pokemon X & Y?

As with all pairs of Pokémon games, there may be slight differences in terms of story, but the primary difference between versions is which Pokémon appear, and how often certain Pokémon appear.

GLACIUSX25 2,071 posts since
Jun 6, 2011
Nov 11, 2013 11:32 AM in response to: STELLER251

STELLER251  wrote:

I see. What about the places and the characters? Are they different from both games or same?

The same. As Nightfire stated, the differences are similar to previous Pokemon games.

The differences between X and Y are like the differences betwen Gold and Silver, or Red and Blue.

The legendary Pokemon is different. Some pokemon can only be found in X, others only in Y. And some mega stones are only in X, some only in Y.

The storyline, characters, etc, are all the exact same.

ZEKROM1000 133 posts since
Sep 8, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 3:08 PM in response to: GLACIUSX25

i have seen battle back ground differences in the Xerneas or Yveltal fights. X has 1 more fairy type available that's Xerneas (unless you Trade) Y has 1 more Dark and Flying type Yveltal (unless you trade.) there's differnt mega stones in each game. story is almost the same both games just differnt legendary names are used and lastly pokemon differences for each game.

Message was edited by: ZEKROM1000

NIGHTFIRE5 3,805 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Nov 11, 2013 9:10 PM in response to: STELLER251

STELLER251  wrote:

Thanks u guys. So it doesn't matter if I buy one or both game(s)?

No, not really, unless you simply wish to "catch 'em all" without the use of either Wonder Trade or the GTS. You'll get the same basic story, the same basic experience, and few minor differences in terms of Pokemon and items. Aside from that though, the games are the same.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)