Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
14,687 Views 7 Replies Last post: Jul 9, 2011 8:24 AM by JAKECHEESE
RSS
3 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 28, 2010 8:00 AM

Wii will not start up?

I recently decided to upgrade my 4.0U wii to 4.3U (I have just gotten my wireless back working correctly). When I updated it seemed everything went fine, but after it finished, I shut it down. Going back to start it up, I found that the wii would not in fact start up. In fact, I listened and placed my hand on the wii to see if it was actually working on the inside (disk spinning and such), but it wasn't. So, I decided to insert a game into the disc slot. Once I started the wii, it felt like and sounded like it was going to start up and go into the wii menu, but unfortunately it did not. So I ask, If I send this wii in, will I have to pay the 75 dollars required to repair it (Since it was the update that seems to have broken it), or will this be covered by Nintendo? Also, if/when I send it in, will the wii be updated to 4.3U or will it be back to 4.0U? (I'd much rather it be on 4.0U considering the fact that the experience described above was much less than gratifying). I thank you ahead of time, and appreciate any/all help that can be given to me.

THEBOYWITHOUTAFAIRY 145 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 9:11 AM in response to: RJ93
Re: Wii will not start up?

Do you have any more details? Was the power light turning on? I don't know anything about sending the system in, but if you give me more details I may be able to help.

THEBOYWITHOUTAFAIRY 145 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 10:16 AM in response to: RJ93

I had this problem in the first week I had my Wii. Unplug and reconnect all of the cables and continue to retry until it comes on, usually on the 5th-10th try. You have to be persistant! In my case, after a couple of days of this straitened out.

26 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 8:55 AM in response to: RJ93

I had that problem before from something else, the red light wasn't even turning on. I just left it unplugged for awhile and tried again and it was working again. I don't know if it's the same in this case but unplug your wii for a bit and give it another go to see if it works.

Edit: this sounds like something you should call nintendo for so if it still doesn't work call 1800-255-3700

26 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 10:01 AM in response to: RJ93

Nope it wasn't overheating, I was playing SSBB and it was taking forever to load a demo (from my point of view anyway) so I tried turning my wii off but it wouldn't, so then I unplugged it and it wouldn't come back on. It fixed itself though.

You're welcome.

11 posts since
Jun 14, 2011
Jul 9, 2011 8:24 AM in response to: RJ93

I know I'm late. But have you gotten your answer?

This happened to me before.Try another outlet closeby, and if not working, try taking apart your cords and plug your Wii in a outlet farther from the original. If/when it lights up, go in reverse back to it's original  spot.

Hope I'm not too late.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)