Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
22,565 Views 6 Replies Last post: Jan 20, 2012 7:34 AM by MARIO_BROS1985
RSS
8 posts since
Jun 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 28, 2010 5:08 PM

Wii light is red but won't turn on HELP ME!

My Wii's light is red, but it won't turn on. I was using it in the car, and (stupidly) I turned it on after every start and stop (might of experienced between 5 and 10 sudden stops on the Wii [My mom was telling me like a million times NOT to do turn it back on every time]) So I googled about it, except every result had that the Wii that had the light OFF. My light just is red, and pushng it won't turn it on. I've tried EVERYTHING that this website (http://www.winmatrix.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19679-help-wii-wont-turn-on/) [last post] said. HELP ME! I really like using the Wii PLEASE TELL ME I DON'T NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE!

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 7:17 PM in response to: CHARIZARDMAN283
Re: Wii light is red but won't turn on HELP ME!

Try buying a new AC adapter. If it is still dead after that, then something has shorted in the Wii and it will have to be repaired.

40 posts since
Jun 24, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 8:41 PM in response to: CHARIZARDMAN283

OK, I have gotten this problem many times on my own Wii. What you need to do is connect your Wii; If the light is red and won't turn on the disconnect the Wii for about ten seconds and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work suggest getting  new ac adapter. And if that still doesn't work. Try the last resort and put it in the refridgerator as it may be overheated. And if that doesn't work hopefully your warranty hasn't expired and send it to Nintendo.

DSLITE7 512 posts since
May 29, 2010
Jun 28, 2010 8:57 PM in response to: MONK3Y_BOY

MONK3BOY  wrote:

OK, I have gotten this problem many times on my own Wii. What you need to do is connect your Wii; If the light is red and won't turn on the disconnect the Wii for about ten seconds and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work suggest getting  new ac adapter. And if that still doesn't work. Try the last resort and put it in the refridgerator as it may be overheated. And if that doesn't work hopefully your warranty hasn't expired and send it to Nintendo.

I wouldn't suggest that, as the Wii may get excessive cold and start to have more problems, or it may cause condensation and get wet.  My best bet would probably be to get another AC adapter as many other people have said, or get it repaired.  Overheating may be the issue, but also may be a part malfunction.  How many times did you press the power button in one day?

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 29, 2010 10:26 AM in response to: CHARIZARDMAN283

Sudden loss of power like that can cause the AC Adapter or worse, the Wii itself, to short out.

MARIO_BROS1985 8 posts since
Jan 17, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 7:34 AM in response to: CHARIZARDMAN283

Just unplug the A/C adapter and wait overnight then plug the A/C into the Wii,if this doesn't work buy a new A/C adapter. And if this does not work sent the Wii out to Nintendo, theyll replace the Wii. Hope this was helpful !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)