Skip navigation

This Question is Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 1 "helpful" answer available (2 pts)
69,027 Views 12 Replies Last post: Dec 29, 2010 5:55 PM by TKMYCALL23
RSS
13 posts since
Jun 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2010 8:38 PM

Wii can't read Wii discs?

I went out and purcahsed Brawl today. It's a bit scratched up but nothing serious. Pretty average really. My Wii seems to be having some problems though. It READS the Brawl game disc, but when I actually try to play it brings up the "Cannot read Game Disc. Please look at Wii manual for more information" error thing.

I tried another Wii game too, which is not scratched at all, and it did the same exact thing. Could it be the heat? I live out in Colorado so it's dry and warm out. I noticed the Wii gets warm faster than it used to, but maybe that's just me. Could it be the lens? Maybe there is dust on it... I already tried cleaning the disc too: Cotton cloth, water, straight strokes. I haven't got a clue!

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jun 29, 2010 9:09 PM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY
Re: Wii can't read Wii discs?

Try using the Wii Lens Cleaning Kit, available online at Nintendo's online store. If that fails, then the disk drive will have to be repaired.

GAMEMASTER149 37 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jun 30, 2010 12:08 PM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY

I think starting with cleaning the lens is a good idea, actually, If your Wii is having problems reading multiple game discs it's entirely possible the lens is dirty and not able to read the games. The Wii Lens Cleaning Kit is Nintendo's own kit, so if you follow the directions it should do it's job to properly clean it.

If you clean that and clean the game discs (a soft cloth wiping from the inside of the disc straight out, NOT in circles) and still have issues with multiple games, then it may be a bigger problem. Should that be the case it would probably require a repair. However, for now I'd try to clean the lens and see if that helps anything.

1 posts since
Jun 30, 2010
Jun 30, 2010 3:04 PM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY

Try sending your wii in to Nintendo, I had the same problem, and according to the FAQ's ive seen, the older wii's have trouble reading double sided discs like Brawl, and the only way to fix it is to send it in to Nintendo or hope the cleaning kit will fix the laser that reads the discs. Hope that helps.

WOODBOY 173 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 1, 2010 12:51 PM in response to: DARKFLAMELORD

did you hack or isthe wii used did you try cleaing the disc

61 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 2, 2010 7:36 PM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY

It's probably the disk that's damaged, you should try using it on a friend's Wii (a friend that owns Brawl and plays on their Wii) and see if it works, if it does then your Wii needs a repair, if it doesn't the Brawl needs to be replaced.

57 posts since
May 7, 2010
Jul 3, 2010 4:52 AM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY

Dear Waffles,

Your wii has been over heating? the hard drive is broke because of the over heating and  that is messing with game play. it isnt the discs and you just wasted ten bucks. well go to nintendo.com and look forthe repair info.. it isnt your disks its the wii it self

4 posts since
Dec 29, 2010
Dec 29, 2010 5:55 PM in response to: WAFFLEZDAY

Same here with Just Dance 2 and Epic Mickey.  Nintendo has really screwed this up and has all the ear markings of a failed update.  Demand they fix it.  Tweet it, Facebook it and demand satisfaction.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)