Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
324,554 Views 23 Replies Last post: Sep 9, 2014 4:03 PM by FIRESTORN84
RSS
1 posts since
Jul 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 2, 2010 6:19 AM

Why Can't My Wii Connect To Netflix?

Every Time I Make An Attempt To Use Netflix On My Wii A Message Comes Up Saying
"Cannot connect to Netflix. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please visit netflix.com/tvhelp on your computer."
So I Try The Web Site And All It Does Is Say To Reset The Wii [which does nothing] Or Contact Nintendo Wii Support.

I'll Try Calling Tomorrow, But I'm Very Annoyed That Neither Netflix Or Nintendo Has Any Online Support Regarding This.
There Is No Error Code, Just Two Options. "Try Again" [which also does nothing] Or "Quit' [which sends you to the wii menu]

I've Checked My Wi-Fi, Restarted My Wii, Ejected The Disc, I've Done All I Can Do. I Have My Own Secured Wi-Fi Connection,

So That Shouldn't Be A Problem. I Can't Find Any Reason That It Won't Connect. It Worked After The Latest Update.

It Even Worked Last Night, When I Was So Desperate I Just Kept Clicking "Try Again" Until It Worked. I've Tried That Today

And I Have Yet To Prevail.

If You Information Please Contact Me Or Comment.

44 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 2, 2010 6:50 AM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX
Re: Why Can't My Wii Connect To Netflix?

Try changing your wireless channel to 1 or 11 to see if that resolves the problem. You can access our router page if you need help logging into your router.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/index.jsp

If that doesn't work, I think calling us is the correct course of action. Our number is 1-800-255-3700. We're open from 6a to 7p PST, seven days a week. Please note that the Contact Center will be closed on July 4th.

7 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 6:57 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I HAVE THE SAME PROB SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!! I tried to call but no answer for 15 minns.....

56 posts since
Nov 7, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:09 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

try calling nintendo. their number is 1-800-255-3700

7 posts since
Nov 9, 2010
Nov 9, 2010 7:13 PM in response to: ROOKID

i did no answer i dont have a clue what to do???

3 posts since
Jan 1, 2011
Jan 1, 2011 9:05 AM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

ONE ANSWER

you need club nintendo account AND have it linked!!!!!!

thanks to no one at nintendo

good luck happy watching

1 posts since
Jan 11, 2011
Jan 11, 2011 4:32 PM in response to: BIGBAD53

I tried linking my account.  Didn't work.  I erased and redownloaded netflix after having my account linked, and still the same problem....

1 posts since
Jan 11, 2011
Jan 11, 2011 4:42 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

If you call the Netflix Customer Support line like I just did they said they're having problems with their website and instant streaming.  I can pull up Netflix on my iPhone and my brother can watch instantly on his Xbox, but the website is slow as molasses in January and my Wii isn't connecting either. My guess is that the Wii probably requires more bandwidth than most devices (like a computer will) and as such it isn't taking well to the fact that some of their servers seem to be down.  I wasn't going to sit on hold for five minutes, so I hung up the second time that automated message came up, but it looks like they're at least working on it.

1 posts since
Feb 1, 2011
Feb 1, 2011 2:56 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I know that this is an old post. But to anyone who is trying to fix this problem and comes across this post here is what I did to fix the problem. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online_help_connection.jsp Click on the link, then if none of those 3 options are your problem, click on the "Click Here" link, and then follow the directions from there. That is what I did and it worked. Hope this helps. :]

1 posts since
Mar 9, 2011
Mar 9, 2011 2:31 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I had and solved this problem and it was so simple that it drove me crazy. I was researching this problem when i stumbled across a post in a ps3 forum saying that it's connected to the time settings on your console. I checked on my wii and it was 3 minutes off the internet time shown on my laptop.....i changed the time on my wii to match the time on my laptop and netflix connected.

Unfortunately i discoverd this fix after erasing and redownloading the netflix channel, resetting all my internet settings on my wii.....and almost throwing the remote at my new wide-screen tv.

1 posts since
Jun 1, 2011
Jun 1, 2011 10:49 PM in response to: ROCKONOLLIE

rockonollie-

Thank you for your post because I followed what you did and it worked! I was going to start deleting/reloading the app but I opted for doing this first (as it was the easiest).

My Wii clock was off by 9 minutes so I reset it to the time on my computer. It didn't work at first, so I forwarded it just one more minute (because not all clocks are the same) and it worked!!!

Try this one first people! It's easy!

1 posts since
Aug 3, 2011
Aug 3, 2011 2:23 PM in response to: ROCKONOLLIE

This solved my problem. I also noticed that my time was off by several minutes. I set the Wii time to one minute ahead of my computer's time, rebooted my modem, and Netflix connected.

Thanks a bunch for the info! Never would have thought of it.

1 posts since
Aug 8, 2011
Aug 8, 2011 8:31 PM in response to: ROCKONOLLIE

Thank you for the help!! My time was off by a whole hour haha. I thought that wouldnt be the problem, but it actually was, and what you said worked :] Now I can get back to my t.v shows & movies :]

MR.MIKE 1 posts since
Dec 25, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 7:30 PM in response to: ROCKONOLLIE

It worked for me tonight on Christmas trying to get the thing working. Awesome man!!

1 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
Mar 21, 2011 4:23 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

Alright, here's why Netflix and Nintendo should consider hiring me (seriously).

Tons of people are having this problem and claiming they have found no solution. It is all over the place, just Google it.

So you've realized that none of these things are the issue:

• your internet provider, router, or magnetic/metal objects near your electronics

• you've called Netflix and your account is fine, and they claim they have no issue with the Wii

• you've called Nintendo and...

- determined all your other channels/internet functions are working

- your time settings are correct

- checked your internet settings etc.

- they took your wii in for repairs, still not working

I did all of those things - SEVERAL TIMES. Netflix told me it was Nintendo, Nintendo told me it was Netflix, AT&T told me it had to be Netflix or Nintendo.

The problem? So simple to fix.

Somehow, there were two instances of Netflix saved in my system memory.

Wii Settings > Data Management > Save Data > DELETE NETFLIX COMPLETELY (check for two files just incase)

then

Wii Settings > Data Management > Channels > DELETE THE NETFLIX CHANNEL

then

Go to Wii Shop and re-download Neflix. It will give you a new code. Sign into Netflix on your computer, put in this new code.

What's that - it works again? Yes, yes it does. Someone tell Satoru Iwata "you're welcome" for me.

2 posts since
May 5, 2011
May 5, 2011 5:12 AM in response to: JOSHCRATES

I just tried deleting the Netflix data, and the Netflix channel...still nothing. It got as far as asking me if I'm a Netflix customer...then I got the error again... My time is correct, and as far as Netflix is concerned everything is working fine. I was just watching Netflix last night...what happend in the last 10 hours?

-AH HA! reset the modem and router and it's working fine now....weird.

Message was edited by: EDENBABIES

1 posts since
Oct 3, 2011
Oct 3, 2011 7:25 PM in response to: JOSHCRATES

Thank you JoshCrates. You have saved my Netflix and my sanity! That worked when  nothing else would. So yeah, they should both be fighting over who gets to hire you!!!

FIRESTORN84 1 posts since
Sep 9, 2014
Sep 9, 2014 4:03 PM in response to: JOSHCRATES

--Have a way to access the Netflix account just in case. Don't delete device from the account online, just on wii as listed--

1.When you get the Error it says you can Deactivate Account. Do So.

2.Then as posted above delete both the save data, and channel from the wii.

-2a.As an optional step, leave the wii unpluged for 15 minutes.

3. Re-download Netflix channel

(When you re-sign on, the screen should change from red with black letters to black with red letters.)

4.You will have to setup the email/password.

Deactivate forces it to get a new -??? device address, like re-registering the console..

Anyways it worked for me, hope it helps

1 posts since
Sep 11, 2011
Sep 11, 2011 9:15 AM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I tried resetting the time on my Wii, when I couldn't connect to Netflix.  I changed it three different times and still couldn't connect.  Then, I realized my date was off by one day, so I fixed that.  That was it!!!!  After a full day of calling Nintendo, Netflix, re-downloading Netflix etc..... I can"t believe the solution was that simple!!!!!!!!!!!

PCFREAK 61 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
Sep 19, 2011 3:45 AM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

That's a weird bug . . .

I was going to say to set a local static ip to your Wii then open ports: 1 through 65535

Or set a local static ip to your Wii then put it in DMZ

1 posts since
Sep 26, 2011
Sep 27, 2011 6:20 AM in response to: PCFREAK

hey guys,

everyone who is currently having trouble with streaming live netflix on wii and you get a message saying you need to update your account, EVEN though your account is fine as far as payment, WELL: i just figured out the solution. REMEMBER netflix did a BIG CHANGE with everything, separating DVDs and unlimited streaming, or having both, and HIKING THE PRICES?? well, i usually get charged on every 21st of the month, and i've had a dvd since MAY of this year, because i lost the envelope to mail it back. so I finally got around to changing the account just before the CHANGE would occur to having 2 DVDs out at a time,so i can get an envelope to mail the dvd back, plus the new DVD that i would get. WELL, it turns out, when i went to change for 2 DVDs out at a time, i CUT OFF THE UNLIMITED LIVE STREAMING. because NOW you have to chose either one, or both.

CASE IN POINT, if it's not streaming, you accidentaly cut it from your plan without realizing it or it got cut off for you so you'd have to manually change your plan to include streaming:. unlimited streaming plus 1 dvd, $15.98, scroll all the way down for that on your netflix account. or just pay for unlimited streaming only.

sorry for long explanation, but i hope my post helps anyone still confused as to what is going on.

PCFREAK 61 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
Sep 30, 2011 12:59 PM in response to: ISSIE3

Get rid of the DVDS

They're outdated

Just download it with Wii Shop.

DEREKRMURPHY 1 posts since
Dec 7, 2011
Dec 7, 2011 9:22 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I tried every possible fix on this page and it is still is not working, I tried deleting and re-adding netflix in both the data and channel settings, I changed the clock to 10 different settings. I set my wireless hotspot to 1 and 11 and 8 just for good measure. I am 100% positive my netflix account is current, but it doesn't even get to the point where it gives me an activation code anyway so that really doesn't matter anyway. I am able to connect to the internet, I can download and play mariokart online. The only possible problem I see is that I am trying to stream through a mobile hotspot. I have a verizon 4G LTE Mobile hotspot and It seems to work with everything else. If someone has a solution I would be willing to try it out. Thanks!

AMEDEO 1 posts since
Dec 18, 2011
Dec 18, 2011 1:16 PM in response to: XXDO_YOU_STILL_LOVE_ME?XX

I had similar issues for about a week before I finally found the problem.

My problem was that I had changed my MTU (maximum transmission unit) on my router (Netgear WGR614v6) to 1364 to work better with Xbox Live, and that the MTU on the Wii (which is 0 by default -- whatever that means!) needed to be changed in order to work correctly with the Netflix channel.

Now, for some strange reason, other channels (e.g.: Shop and Internet) did work properly, but the Netflix Channel did not. Changing the MTU on the Wii to match my router MTU fixed my problem. You can find the Wii MTU setting by going to "Wii Settings"->"Internet".

I hope this helps someone! I know I burned about 5 days trying to solve the problem!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)