Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

2 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
535 Views 5 Replies Last post: Jan 22, 2014 9:52 AM by NIGHTFIRE5
RSS
CHIBI-ALEX 5 posts since
Jan 22, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Wii Fit U & Fit Meter

If I purchase the Fit Meter, am I on the hook for then having to pay the full amount for the full version of Wii Fit U?  I may not be looking hard enough, but I don't see the ful version on the eShop, only the demo version which I have been using for working out religiously.  What I don't want to do is spend $20 for the meter, then find out I have to spend $40 for a download when I can get the disc copy and the meter for $40.  I'd prefer a download for simplicity's sake.  Can anyone help me with this?

NIGHTFIRE5 2,929 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Jan 22, 2014 9:04 AM in response to: CHIBI-ALEX
Re: Wii Fit U & Fit Meter

The "demo" version, as you call it, is the full version of the Wii Fit U game. The free downloadable version of Wii Fit U is 100% identical to the retail version that is available now. The paid version of Wii Fit U will replace the free downloadable version starting on February 1 2014. So no, you won't have to pay for the game. Simply sync the Fit Meter to your game, and you're good to go for life.

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 22, 2014 9:44 AM in response to: CHIBI-ALEX

CHIBI-ALEX  wrote:

I guess then the question becomes:  how much will the download cost?  I want to get the fit meter and the digital game, but I don't want to be on the hook for an extra twenty bucks.

As you have the free download, all you'll be paying to play Wii Fit U forever will be the cost of the Wii Fit Meter. Nothing else. When the free version of Wii Fit U is swapped out for the paid download, you still won't have to pay anything. How much the actual paid version will cost is currently unknown, but if you sync a Fit Meter to the free downloadable version, you don't need to worry about it. How the breakdown looks though:

Free Wii Fit U download + Wii Fit Meter: $19.99 plus tax

Paid Wii Fit U download + Wii Fit Meter: $60-$80 plus tax

Mar 29, 2011
Jan 22, 2014 9:52 AM in response to: CHIBI-ALEX

If you can't find a Wii Fit Meter in stores, you can order one directly from Nintendo's Online Store. If you're going to check at stores, try Best Buy first. And don't worry. Even if you go past the free trial period of your Wii Fit U download, you'll still be able to sync a Fit Meter to your game, which will then grant you full and unlimited access to any and all features that the game has to offer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)