Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
851 Views 1 Reply Last post: Jan 22, 2014 4:28 PM by ONE-OF-THREE
RSS
VONTE305 1 posts since
Jan 22, 2014
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 22, 2014 12:33 PM

2ds problem

my 2ds when i cut it on the top and bottom screen are black but the blue light is on and i even tried cutting it on with the charger inside... at night i was on netflix but fell asleep with the ds on sleep mode all night and woke up and cut it off like around 12  i dont no what to do please help

ONE-OF-THREE 5,764 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 22, 2014 4:28 PM in response to: VONTE305
Re: 2ds problem

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/610

Unfortunately, it might be that your 2DS may need some type of repair, but perhaps try removing the battery to see if that will reset it and allow the 2DS to power up again.

But if still no luck, give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform to contact them, and they can discuss possible repair options with you.

How to Remove, Reseat, or Replace the Battery

Applies to:  Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS

Step by step instructions on how to change the Nintendo 3DS Battery Pack.

Notes:

• Do not attempt to remove the battery cover with anything other than the recommended type and size of screwdriver.
  • Do not over tighten the screws. This may result in stripping them or cracking the housing.
  • Need a #00 Phillips-head screwdriver will be required to change the battery pack.

Are you using a Nintendo 3DS or a Nintendo 3DS XL?

Nintendo 3DS      Nintendo 3DS XL      Nintendo 2DS

What to Do:

1. Hold the POWER Button down until the system turns off.
  2. Remove any Game Cards from the system.
  3. Loosen the two Phillips-head screws on the battery cover with a screwdriver.
  4. Gently pry on the small slot at the top of the Nintendo 2DS and remove the battery cover as shown in the image.
    • To avoid damage to your system, do not use excessive force.
  5. Remove the battery pack from the system.
  6. Wait at least 10 seconds, and then insert the new battery pack (or old battery if you are reseating it).     
    • Ensure that the gold contacts on the battery touch the gold contacts on the system.
  7. Replace the battery cover using enough pressure so that it snaps into place. Tighten the two screws, being careful not to overtighten them.
  8. Turn the system back on to verify correct battery installation.
    • You will need to go to System Settings and reset the time and date. How to

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)