Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
28,971 Views 3 Replies Last post: Jul 4, 2010 2:57 PM by EXPAT_BLACKBOY
RSS
2 posts since
Jul 4, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 4, 2010 11:10 AM

WEP Key for Nintendo DS

Hi. I'm trying to get my NDS set up to access wifi. I am using a Linksys E1000 router. I cannot get my WEP key into the DS. I have tried going to my router page and clicking on Wireless>Wireless Security. On that page there is a drop down menu that says WEP. When I click it it has a button to generate a WEP key from my passcode but if I save my settings under WEP I cannot access the internet anymore. My current settings are WPA2/WPA mixed mode. Can someone please help me set up my DS to access wifi?

28 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jul 4, 2010 1:32 PM in response to: BAMBOOSHOOT
Re: WEP Key for Nintendo DS

Since doing this will require you to change the settings in your computer, it's best to connect the router with a cable to the computer first, that way, the computer will always be able to access the router, and you can get internet access.

First: I don't have this particular router, but it looks pretty much like any other router, so I'm going to use the resources I've found, and hopefully it will help you.

Assuming this is the web page you're seeing: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=96&vw=1&articleid=4199

you'll first want to make sure that WEP is selected. 64-bit is easier, because you only need a 13-digit passphrase. Click generate to create a passphrase.

Note which Key is selected next to TX. That's important, because the corresponding key is the one you'll enter into the DS.

Save your settings.

Now, you'll need to enter this key into all of the devices that will wirelessly connect to the router, i.e., the computer and the DS. For the DS, the easiest way is to start a Wi-Fi compatible game, go to the setup, and add the wireless network with the key that you noted before.

I hope this helps you get online, and good luck!

28 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jul 4, 2010 2:57 PM in response to: BAMBOOSHOOT
Re: WEP Key for Nintendo DS

Glad it worked for you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)