Skip navigation

This Question is Not Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 3 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
13,240 Views 9 Replies Last post: Aug 29, 2010 3:14 PM by MYSTA
RSS
5 posts since
Jul 10, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 11, 2010 9:04 AM

Wii Remotes Jittery and Too Many Dots in Sensor Test

The Wii Remotes (both of them) are acting weird.  It's like the Wii starts and stops sensing them at a fraction of a second each time.  So, if I'm playing Spyro and try guarding (Nunchuk faced upward), the character will block and unblock rapidly.  If I press the Z button to use my elemental breath, the character will start and stop breathing, rather than it being a continuous stream.  Also, anytime I have to point at the screen, the cursor moves wildly, or disappears completely.

It doesn't seem to be the sensor bar, as I was able to unplug the sensor bar completely and move my cursor onscreen, and the same issue occurs.

Also, when I did the Sensitivity Setting, it showed about 10 dots, rather than 2, even on the lowest sensitivity.  What types of things can give off IR??  There were no flames of any sort, or stoves, or anything else like that?  Also, I'm in an apartment.

The system worked fine in my old basement suite.

Please help:(

[edit]

***Removed personal information.***

Message was edited by: NOA_TECH_TROY

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jul 10, 2010 10:16 PM in response to: MYSTA
Re: Wii Remotes Jittery and Too Many Dots in Sensor Test

Maybe there's sunlight that interferes with the wii remote sensor. Try moving the Wii away from a window or other sources of sunlight then try again.

AKARUTHEYOSHI 244 posts since
Jun 26, 2010
Jul 10, 2010 10:34 PM in response to: MYSTA

Are there any other sources of wireless activity (cordless phones, microwaves, a DS in wireless mode, etc.) in the room?

FERALGATR 390 posts since
Aug 4, 2010
Aug 28, 2010 5:25 PM in response to: MYSTA

you have to put security on for people not to interfere.

427 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Aug 29, 2010 1:53 PM in response to: MYSTA

To clarify, there is no "Security" on the Wii for the Wii remotes. You will want to check and see if you have any candles or lights that are on or around the TV. Those can cause IR signatures that confuse the Wi remotes. If you still receive multiple dots (more than two) when testing the sensitivity, I would recommend contacting our Consumer Service department for further troubleshooting.

800-255-3700

6am-7pm Pacific Time

Seven days a week

FERALGATR 390 posts since
Aug 4, 2010
Aug 29, 2010 2:00 PM in response to: NOA_TECH_JAKE

I meant the router

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)