Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
141,938 Views 4 Replies Last post: Dec 10, 2014 11:21 AM by WAFFLEME4
RSS
8 posts since
Apr 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 14, 2010 7:16 PM

My Wii won't turn on! :(

I don't understand. My Wii was working just fine July 9. I went to my grandma's house for the weekend and came back Sunday. When my brother tried to turn on the Wii, he wasn't able to get it. After I held down the power button several times, I manged to get it to turn on.

My little brother was playing the Wii again this morning and everything was normal. When he tried to play a little while later the Wii would not turn on. My mom repulgged in some things, but it didn't help.

A few minutes ago, I was checking the Wii to see if anything was wrong. Everything was plugged in, but the small light on the power button was not lighting up. When I tried to turrn it on, I got nothing...

Does anyone know what caused this or what's wrong?? How do I fix this problem?

Be the way, the system is around 3 years old.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,593 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 15, 2010 2:27 PM in response to: STARLY7722
Re: My Wii won't turn on! :(

Try unplugging the AC Adapter from the wall electrical outlet for a few minutes and that will reset it, and hopefully when you plug it back in, that might allow your Wii console to start up again.:)

And if not, then also remove anything you might have connected/inserted into your console, such as a Gamecube controller and memory cards, SD Card, any device in the USB ports, as they might be defective and/or interfering with the console and causes these problems.

But if still no luck, then unfortunately it might be that your console is in need of a repair, so then give a call to Nintendo's 1-800-255-3700 (6 am ~ 7 pm Pacific, everyday) Customer Service number, or use their webform to contact them, and they can set up the repair process for you.

3 posts since
Jul 20, 2011
Jul 20, 2011 4:58 PM in response to: STARLY7722

Do you use a Gamecube controller when playing? If so, this may be a sign of a bad controller. Unplug the controller, unplug the AC adapter, and replug in the AC.

If you don't use a Gamecube controller, then perhaps the Wii has just come to the end of it's life-span

This could also be due to unauthorized activity on the Wii such as The Hombrew Channel. Doing things that interfere with the Wii's serial number, region, etc, may cause this. This is called a Wii Brick... basically meaning that your Wii is as good as a paperweight :c

WAFFLEME4 2 posts since
Dec 9, 2014
Dec 10, 2014 11:21 AM in response to: STARLY7722

I have two questons

1.  What game was he playing?

2. Do you have HomeBrew or other hacks on your wii?

If it was a lego game (i.e. lego starwars) sometimes the games just freeze.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)