Skip navigation

This Question is Possibly Answered

1 "correct" answer available (4 pts) 4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
215,795 Views 10 Replies Last post: Oct 28, 2013 4:20 PM by AXISTHEWULF
RSS
2 posts since
Jul 19, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 19, 2010 6:45 PM

Wii error code 51330

i tried playing my wii online today and i got this code, searched it, tried everthing little thing i could find to fix this error and nothing worked....do i need to send my wii in for repair?...for the second time....

ONE-OF-THREE 6,238 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Dec 29, 2011 7:00 AM in response to: GOLDOFKORON
Re: Wii error code 51330

It is unlikely that your Wii console needs any type of repair, as according to the Nintendo Error Code Lookup, the 51330 error code is "The password or key for your wireless router that was entered is incorrect."

Click here to see more info on Error Code: 51330.

CPM 1,241 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 21, 2010 9:40 AM in response to: GOLDOFKORON

call nintendo at 1-800-255-3700.

1 posts since
Feb 23, 2011
Feb 23, 2011 4:49 PM in response to: GOLDOFKORON

My issue was the same, everything was working fine then about 3 months ago I kept getting the error code. I noticed when I looked for my router it was picking up another router with the same name. So I hooked up my linksys router and changed the name of the router from the default name "linksys". Everything then worked fine. Hope this helps.

2 posts since
Jul 26, 2010
Jul 26, 2010 1:44 AM in response to: GOLDOFKORON

When u call that number can u post what did they say? I cant call that phone number and I have the same problem.

TROPEZ_USA 1 posts since
Jun 20, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 2:13 PM in response to: ELAOL

I didn't call the number, but my issue was with the security settings.  When you go into set up your wireless connection, there is a prompt to enter your password.  When you do this, there are other options of the security settings, there is WEP and 3 others.  When you're setting up the connection, choose each of those security settings to use while entering your password.  When I ran through them, it wasn't until the 3rd that my connection worked.

It's not the most technical answer, but it worked for me and now my Wii is up and running on the internet : )

--Tropez_USA

AUGI19 1 posts since
Sep 17, 2013
Sep 17, 2013 10:34 AM in response to: TROPEZ_USA

Just to add a little bit to Tropez's solution... I had to dig a little deeper with my issue, but here's what I found.

When connecting to a secure network, the problem lies with the Security Type, and the Cipher Mode.  The Nintendo Wii only allows 4 options when setting up your wireless connection.  WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES).  This selection must match whatever security type your router is set to.  The security mode is determined by the WEP, WPA, WPA2, and the cipher type or cipher mode is determined by the AES, or TKIP.

To solve my problem, I had to go into my router settings.  I found that my router's security was set to WPA2-PSK (TKIP).  Because Nintendo doesn't allow a WPA2 security type with a cipher of TKIP, I had to change the setting from TKIP to AUTO (which allows for both TKIP and AES).

I hope this helps someone else who was having the same issue as me.  If you need some help let me know.

BRUMMIE87 1 posts since
Oct 1, 2013
Oct 1, 2013 5:08 PM in response to: AUGI19

This is the error code I keep getting and I am trying to connect my Wii to the internet through a hotspot on my iPhone. The two previous posts here nail my problem but when I went into the connection settings, it is set up as WPA2 Personal (AES) and the encryption options are AES and TKIP. I do not have an "AUTO" option. The Wii has this security type as the fourth option but when I select it I get the same code Any suggestions would be greatly apprecitated.

MKCRAWFORD50201 1 posts since
Oct 9, 2013
Oct 9, 2013 5:09 PM in response to: BRUMMIE87

I am having the same problem as Brummie87.  My router is set to WPA2-Personal with encryption as AES.

HELP!!!

AXISTHEWULF 1 posts since
Oct 28, 2013
Oct 28, 2013 4:20 PM in response to: MKCRAWFORD50201

Success!!
I've been having the same problem.  Changed the encryption type and security to WPA2-AES, still nothing.  Then I remembered that a few months ago I changed my router to just broadcast in wireless n.  Went back, changed it to broadcast in b/g and n... bingo!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)