Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
49,851 Views 12 Replies Last post: Dec 27, 2010 7:22 PM by CATONFIRE
RSS
6 posts since
Jul 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2010 3:20 PM

Wii Classic controller doesn't connect to wii mote

I bought a classic controller for the wii but the plug doesn't seem to fit into the wii  mote. do I need some kind of adapter??

70 posts since
Jul 20, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 3:24 PM in response to: ARMINA
Re: Wii Classic controller doesn't connect to wii mote

No mine works ok unless they changed something in the plus version.

70 posts since
Jul 20, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 3:27 PM in response to: ARMINA

Upload a photo here so we can see.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,234 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 5:07 PM in response to: ARMINA

WiiClassicController.png(click on image for larger view)

The above image shows the connector that is needed to plug into a Wii remote, as the controller you have used is actually for the GameCube ports that are located on the top of the console under two liftable flaps, where a GameCube controller (up to four) and two GameCube memory cards can be inserted.

70 posts since
Jul 20, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 7:59 PM in response to: ARMINA

Long and flat is the memory card slots.  There are 2 flaps.  Next to it are the round 4 ports.  Classic controller is different.  Goto estbuy and see for your self.

ONE-OF-THREE 6,234 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 28, 2010 8:08 PM in response to: ARMINA

ARMINA  wrote:

That's really weird. When I search on "wii classic controller" it looks just like this (except for the plug) and it shows it connected into the wii mote.

I looked at the two connections on the top of the wii and they're long and thin, like a computer connection, not little and roundish like the connector on my new controller.

I'm totally confused.

And if the controller connects somewhere on the wii itself, how are you supposed to play a game? the cord isn't that long, I'd be standing right in front of the tv!

WiiGameCubePorts.png

Sounds like you found the GameCube memory card ports, but just lift the other lid and you'll find where your controller inserts into your console.:)

And yes, you are limited by the length of the cord, which is why using the controller that inserts into the Wii remote is better.:)

Edit: Oops, beaten to the post by 00782653170, but at least mine has a pretty picture, lol.

Message was edited by: ONE-OF-THREE

70 posts since
Jul 20, 2010
Jul 29, 2010 7:32 AM in response to: ARMINA

It is suposed to connecto the wii remote.  If you goto bestbuy and get a classic controller pro for wii it  wil.  What you have is not a classic controller.  In fact I've never seen  anything else like it.

NOA_TECH_ZEKE 130 posts since
Mar 31, 2010
Jul 29, 2010 12:58 PM in response to: ARMINA

Hello,

While I'm glad it's working (or at least I think it is), it looks like you've got some sort of unlicensed product there. That's just a fancy way of saying the product wasn't manufactured or licensed by Nintendo for use with our system. I'd suggest looking into picking up a Classic Controller Pro. It'll connect into your Wii Remote and it's got a great feel to it. It's great for classic and new games alike.

CATONFIRE 93 posts since
Apr 19, 2010
Dec 27, 2010 7:22 PM in response to: ONE-OF-THREE

Nintendo never made a regular classic controller in black. just saying.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)