Skip navigation

This Question is Answered (go to answer)

4 "helpful" answers available (2 pts)
18,130 Views 4 Replies Last post: Jul 31, 2010 5:26 AM by THESUPERRANDOMGAMER
RSS
3 posts since
Jul 30, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 30, 2010 2:02 PM

Wii does not turn on, help requested

So today I was searching through my stack of Gamecube games and saw that I still owned Mario Power Tennis. I put that in and start up the game. First it starts out saying that the memory card was invalid, I took it out and put it back in. The Wii then turned off completely. There was not even a red light next to the power button. I thought, ok, I disconected somethin somehow. I checked the AC adapter, it was plugged in. I tried unplugging it, waiting 10 seconds, and then putting it back in. The light on the front of the Wii went on, red. I pressed the power button, and the light disapears. I repeated, but then tried pushing eject, light disapears. I started looking online for similar problems, people said to disconect the AC adapter and let it sit for 5 minutes. I did and plugged it back in. This time the light was yellow, meaning it was connected to the internet, but it still went out when I pressed power and eject. I checked if the vents were blocked, causing the Wii to overheat, and non of them were.

Any ideas as to how to solve this problem? I'm hoping it's something as simple as letting the AC adapter charge up for a while or something. Worst case scenario is that I have to send it in for repairs. I'm hoping to avoid that as my warranty is probably expired.

EDIT: I know my warranty is expired, got the Wii in '07.

CPM 1,205 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 30, 2010 2:05 PM in response to: THESUPERRANDOMGAMER
Re: Wii does not turn on, help requested

send your wii in for repairs.

ONE-OF-THREE 4,751 posts since
Apr 1, 2010
Jul 30, 2010 3:14 PM in response to: THESUPERRANDOMGAMER
Re: Wii does not turn on, help requested

You mentioned unplugging the AC Adapter, but did you also remove the GameCube controller and any GameCube memory card that you also had inserted into your console?

As it is possible that the GameCube controller and/or memory card might be defective and causing your Wii console to shut down, so if you haven't tried removing them, do so and also anything else you might have connected to your console, such as a SD Card, and any device in the USB ports, like Wii Speak or a keyboard.

And hopefully a repair won't be needed for your console, just replacing a defective accessory if that what it turns out to be.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)